A multinational FMCG business is looking to hire a Finance Analyst on a 4-month initial contract, with the potential to go permanent for the right candidate. The role will be taking ownership for one of their most prosperous regions and will be based out of the regional office in London and will involve travel to the home counties. This is an opportunity to work in a fast paced, commercial finance role for a listed business.
Reporting to the Finance Manager for the region, you will be working very closely with the Regional Operations Manager for your regions and will be supporting them in driving profitability. The region you will be supporting has a budget of approximately £50 million, the key part of your role is to ensure that you are monitoring budgets vs actuals and ensuring the region is not overspending. Duties will include:
- Analysing weekly and monthly performance (including budgets vs. actuals) and reporting back to senior management
- Business partnering with Regional Managers across your region to challenge costs and support driving profitability
- Responsibility for supporting with the monthly forecasting for the region
- Production of monthly management accounts including commentary
- KPI reporting and monitoring
- Liaise with the Head Office finance team to review monthly figures
- Assisting with the annual budgeting process
- Continuously look to improve processes within your region and take ownership for ad-hoc projects
The successful candidate will have proven experience working for a commercial finance role within a consumer related industry, ideally FMCG. You must have proven examples of where you have successfully challenged senior stakeholders to help drive growth. An ability to produce monthly management accounts is essential, as well as having a natural commercial acumen and strong communication skills to be able to communicate the results to the region. Knowledge of SAP is beneficial but not essential. Supply chain knowledge is beneficial but not essential.
The role will involve travel within the home counties once or twice a month, you must be comfortable committing to this as part of your role. In return for your hard work, you will be entitled to flexi-hours and will gain the opportunity to progress in what is a well carved out career path within a listed business.