Trainee Field Biologist/Field Biologist
Trainee Field Biologist/Field Biologist
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire - covering contract work in Berkshire, Oxfordshire, London
Salary: £20K per Annum + London Weighting of £1,663 + Allowances, Laptop & Company Car
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Rokill Limited is one of Britain`s leading providers for Pest Control. Operating since 1980 we provide control services to the commercial, domestic and public sectors, dealing effectively with all non wood-boring types of pest and bird problems
Due to continued expansion, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Trainee/Trained Field Biologist to join our Technical Team. The Field Biologist is an important member of the Technical Team, responsible for conducting detailed inspections at premier food manufacturing sites, conducting quality audits and assisting with training.
Previous Experience is not required (however we are happy to interview trained/qualified people) as trainees will undergo our Field Biologist training programme that includes a period of time shadowing experienced staff in the field as well as class room based training sessions.
After passing our 7 internal training modules, trainees sit the Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH) Level 2 exam in pest control, complete Level 3 Food Hygiene Certificate, Safety Passport Alliance Food and Drink and finally the Certificated Field Biologist exam.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Trainee Field Biologist/Field Biologist:
To carry out Field Biologist Inspections at clients’ premises. These are detailed pest control inspections at industrial/food manufacturing premises. A type written photo report is then created for the client, illustrating pest activity found, identifying trends and recommendations for maintaining pest free conditions.
- Conducting Quality Audits at Premier Sites
- Assisting with Quality Audits at Standard Contracts when needed
- Carrying out pest awareness training at clients’ premises.
- To assist with the training of new and existing technicians
- To assist at problem sites, to rectify pest issues
- To assist with creating training material for technicians
- To develop new business opportunities with existing clients.
- Assisting with set ups of premier sites
- Assisting with service work during busy periods
- Conducting client review meetings
- Relationship building with key clients
- Conduct pest trend analysis at Premier Sites
- Carry out escalation visits for key clients
- To advise on changes to audit specifications e.g. BRC, AIB, Tesco, M&S etc.
- To offer technical advice to colleagues and clients
The ideal candidate:
- Have an interest / qualifications in a Biological Science discipline
- Hold a full driving licence with the ability to read and follow a map
- Be computer literate - especially Word and Excel
- The ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people
- A comprehensive grasp on the English Language both written and spoken
- An Analytical outlook with problem solving abilities
- A meticulous eye for detail with a pride taken in works completed
- The Ability to work to set procedures and follow instructions
- Enthusiastic, positive, personable with a desire to learn and excel in the position
- Must be confident working at height and in confined spaces
Pay and Conditions:
- Starting basic salary £20,000
- Commission on sales
- Company Car
- Uniform and Personal Protective Equipment are provided
- £16 per month to cover the cost of keeping your vehicle and uniform clean
If you are looking for a change in direction, or have already started your career within this industry then please submit your CV for consideration in the first instance. For more information on the role, and the company - please visit the Rokill Website.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role please click on "apply" today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance!