Maths teaching assistant
Do you hold a Maths degree or have previous experience delivering Maths tuition to secondary aged pupils (11-16)?
If so, please see the opportunity of the Maths teaching assistant role at our client school located in Rochdale.
- Part time tuition role for the remainder of the academic year (ASAP start - July)
- Supporting KS3 and GCSE students within their studies
- Providing tuition to pupils ranging in ability, helping them prepare for upcoming summer examinations
Our client school seek to appoint a Maths teaching assistant to provide subject specific intervention support to pupils across both KS3 and 4. The school hope to enhance exam results by employing a Maths teaching assistant to support within the Maths department and prepare their pupils for examinations through the use of tailored tuition.
- Hold a degree in Maths related studies OR have previous experience working within education/providing tuition to 11-16 year old pupils- Have good rapport building skills
- Be able to start ASAP
- Have strong subject knowledge and be able to motivate pupils and develop learning
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a school with a fantastic reputation, where pupils show "exemplary and outstanding behaviour throughout" - Ofsted 2016. Located in Rochdale, just 5 minutes from the M62 junction 20 and Heywood, this school is easily accessible from North Manchester, Oldham and Bury. The school serves a catchment area of significant diversity; the split of pupils is close to half and half of white British and also Asian heritage. The school continue to improve under the current head teacher and the Maths department achieve excellent results.
The Headteacher and Head of Maths wish to seek suitable applicants ASAP. For immediate consideration please send an updated CV to Matt via the details below highlighting your previous experience relatable to this role.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualification and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification. For Support staff our minimum requirement is GCSE English & Maths (A-C) or equivalent.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.