Software Test Engineer
Software Test Engineer for Space Systems
Do you want to make a difference to society? The software we produce will contribute to controlling satellites observing the Earth's weather systems. Every time you see a European weather forecast you will know that your contribution helped to facilitate it, which helps people every day, as well as helping to avoid misfortune due to weather storms.
This role will include working directly with software development teams to implement the detailed test programme and support deployment and testing at the integration site and ultimately spacecraft control centres. The role will involve:
- Development of Automated tests
- Support and management of a continuous integration environment to ensure that software sub-systems are regularly and thoroughly tested.
- Support for analysis and corrective maintenance of software anomalies
- Direct interaction with customers to support systems testing and higher levels of integration
- Travel to the customer site, as required, to assist with testing, provide support or training.
The candidate must have a software test background with experience of formal test programmes and associated processes including verification and validation. An understanding and appreciation of good software development practices is essential, including the contribution to software documentation.
It is expected that the role will include customer interaction, so the successful candidate will be fluent in English and confident in their role in representing the company.
- Experience in the use of Java within TDD and BDD toolsets
- Understanding and experience of Continuous Integration
- Understanding of verification and validation, particularly from a customer perspective
- Requirements engineering
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Security Clearance desirable
- Willingness to travel to customer sites on a short term basis