Our client, a major banking institution, is looking to hire a capable Regulatory Accountant on a contract basis.
- Facilitate, monitor and control the accurate reporting of various regulatory returns such as DACT, NSFR plus other liquidity metrics on the London Branch & Subsidiaries Balance Sheets, to Head Office on a timely basis, according to Head Office instruction.
- Respond to queries on the London Branch & Subsidiaries Regulatory Balance Sheet from Head Office, the Bank of England, the PRA, Management and internal audit.
- Facilitate, monitor and control the accurate statistical reporting of the London Branch Regulatory Balance Sheet and P&L under IFRS along with associated returns, to the Bank of England on a timely basis, according to the instructions of the regulator and relevant IFRS standards.
- Facilitate, monitor and control the accurate reporting of the London Branch Regulatory Balance Sheet under HGB along with associated returns, to Head Office on a timely basis, according to Head Office instruction.
To work with immediate manager to facilitate the timely submission to
- Head Office for :
- The Regulatory Balance Sheet and supplementary returns.
- The Liquidity analysis.
- The liquidity inflows / outflows by relevant time bucket
- Multiple liquidity monitoring metric returns
- To understand the process and become back up support to colleagues to facilitate the timely submission to
- Bank of England for:
- Statistical Balance Sheet
- Numerous supplementary returns
- Head Office for:
- FX Risk
- GAP reporting for Basel II Solvency requirements
- Provide to Head Office and Management detailed balance sheet commentaries to support the submissions and analyse month on month movements.
- To investigate any queries raised by Management, Head Office or external Regulators that arise from the submission of the London data.
- To provide proactive input into the wider activities of the London Finance team as a whole on an ad-hoc basis.
- Part Qualified accountant or Finalist (CIMA, ACCA, ACA).
- Awareness of how key Financial Reporting Standards (UK GAAP and IFRS) could potentially impact their role and the banking industry.
- Systems skills: Microsoft Excel and Word to intermediate / advanced level. Microsoft Access to intermediate level an advantage
- Broad understanding of the products within the banking industry would be viewed positively
- Ability to work to tight monthly deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy and quality
- Inherently good at problem solving
- Must make and maintain effort to work well and effectively within the team including knowledge sharing where appropriate
- Good communications and analytical skills - an ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Appreciation for materiality
- Proactive individual; prepared to contribute actively to the activities of the department as a whole
- Flexible individual; looking to constantly take on new challenges in order to develop new skills and to progress to more senior positions within the department