Operations Executive, Manchester
12 Month FTC
Salary: £22,000 per annum
To process Client documentation and information monthly including completing Client reconciliations, Top 5, Ageing and Contras in line with procedures and quality standards, and to provide administrative support and assistance to the Client Managers/Portfolio Team. (First line of defence)
- GCSE level Maths and English
- Commercial knowledge, customer service, credit control useful but not essential.
- Able to work extended hours on occasions when required
- Possess a solid understanding of the collateral traits of receivables
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to learn new skills as the business grows enabling us to meet service standards
- Computer literate (good knowledge of MS Office suite - Excel, Word)
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Meeting deadlines
- Customer service orientated
- Decision making skills
- Using initiative
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Enthusiastic "can do" attitude
- High work standards, professional and well presented
- Working in the team that supports the Client Managers - account administration and risk assessment work in order to keep bad debts and losses to a minimum and maximise client retention.
Tasks include (but not restricted to):
- Processing Client Sales Ledgers
- Review of Client month end reconciliations
- Calculating and analysing Clients Top 5
- Debtor Concentrations
- Ageing and Contra accounts
- Cash postings and Sales Ledger adjustments
- Scanning and filing
- Assisting with daily post
- Inputting Client data into internal systems,
- Check and investigate Client invoices/credit notes schedules
- Processing client payments in accordance with company policy and operational mandates
- Work on your own initiative to sometimes, tight deadlines.
- Deal with and resolve any Client queries, working with the Client Managers as appropriate
- Ensure internal systems are updated monthly with the correct information and within deadlines.
- Completing regulatory mandatory training courses within deadlines such as, Data Protection Act, Money Laundering Regulations, etc and behave in compliance thereof.
- Maintain and develop relationships with Clients to promote business, and identify further opportunities for referral to New Business.
- Ensure all paperwork is received as policy, properly maintained, completed in a timely manner and Company procedures followed, escalating any issues and/or findings to Operations Supervisor
- Provide assistance to other Business Units when required
- Adhere to all Legal, Regulatory, Compliance and Business policies and procedures
- Any ad hoc project work as applicable
- Coaching and training other members of the team