Maintenance Supervisor Days - Blue Chip FMCG
An internationally influential brand who are recognised around the world. This is a business which has the highest standards of training and development and are renowned for investing in staff
This is a days based position with some expectancy to work very occasionally outside of those hours where required. Example responsibilities include:
- Ensure works carried out under the control of the engineer meet all current quality and food safety legislation and standards.
- Manage the routine maintenance of equipment in the plant to ensure the safe, reliable running of the equipment in the engineers designated area.
- Assign maintenance tasks to designated craft teams.
- Ensure maintenance execution to schedule by following good planning practice and monitoring task completion
- Identify and plan to eliminate any factors inhibiting the maintenance plan execution.
- Collaborate with the scheduling, operations and improvement teams to ensure plant shutdowns are fully utilised for maintenance.
- Manage the plant shutdown engineering activity by collaboration with the shift management team for out of hour's activity.
- Support the plant operations team to resolve equipment issues impacting plant performance, through the escalation process
- Collaborate with the operations management and supervision to ensure the craft shift/day teams have appropriate training and development plans to enable them to maintain and repair the equipment in their area.
- Ensure the workshops in the plant are maintained to current legislative and Kellogg standard within the engineers designated area.
- Degree (technical / chemistry / manufacturing degree)
- Advanced Apprenticeship ideally in electro and/or mechanical engineering
- Time-served and qualified to a minimum of C&G/HNC level in either Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with significant experience in a similar Maintenance and Engineering roles
- Ability to lead, coach and motivate a team on a day to day basis.
- Excellent working knowledge of SAP