Website & IT Coordinator
Our Client based in Shrewsbury is seeking an experienced Website and IT Co-ordinator to join their team. The role requires a confident, enthusiastic and flexible person with a good understanding of website architecture, IT systems and customer database software.
The ideal candidate will be able to work within a small team and have particular experience in the operation of and maintaining the range of vJoomla websites, as well as maintaining the internal customer relationship management system, with excellent attention to detail and able to multi-task with a variety projects.
Under the responsibility of the Marketing & Congress Managers the Website and IT Coordinator role will involve (but not exclusively) the following main elements:
- Maintaining the branding, content and security integrity for the range of Joomla websites
- Ensuring all websites and domains are kept up-to-date with relevant images, text, forms and appropriate security and backups are in put in place
- Working with the Marketing Team Event Team (Euro PM & seminars) and Technical Team (Projects) to develop the content, functionality and structure of websites for the benefit of all stakeholders
- Monitoring and reporting website statistics using Google Analytics on all websites
- Ensuring new content has been optimised for search engines, keeping it as the #1 google ranking for powder metallurgy searches
- Monitor website performance and raising any technical issues and work with the relevant IT suppliers for a positive outcome
- Working with the Marketing Team to reflect the sponsorship agreements for the range of events, ensuring promotional material is up-to-date and agreed with the sponsoring company
- Work with the Event Team on the creation and development of event specific websites and integrate Mobile Apps to help support the onsite event experience
- To maintain the CRM database integrity, proposing upgrades in a timely manner, while also ensuring security and backup schedules are coordinated and implemented
- Provide insight and knowledge on the development of the CRM database
- Distribute knowledge of changes to IT related legislation changes and how change should be implemented across the association i.e. Data Protection.
- Ensure office IT systems are robust, raising any technical issues with the relevant IT suppliers
- Day-to-day office IT assistance with Windows PC users, setting up users, adapting mailboxes and troubleshooting with the team.
Qualifications and Experience
The role requires a self-motivated and proactive person with the ability to work well both in a team and individually. They must be well organised with a keen eye for detail in addition the following factors will be taken into account:
- Applicants should have good understanding of the following applications: Joomla!, HTML, Web Design, CSS, SEO, Google Analytics, Google AdWords and Adobe CS Suite
- A flexible attitude of working in a fast paced yet small team
- Educated to minimum HND in computing or IT related
- 2-3 years’ professional experience of working in an organization within a similar role
- Good analytical and technical skills
- Experience of using and maintaining customer relationship management (CRM) software
- Experience of working in an office environment
- Good communication and written skills, including attention to detail
- Well organised and positive attitude
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- The successful candidate will need to be confident, enthusiastic, flexible and be able to offer vital support to senior staff.
- 3+ years professional experience of working in an organization within a similar role
- Extensive experience of managing all aspects of the website design process, including understanding the customer journey
- Previous experience of maintaining a Sugar Customer Relationship Management System
- Knowledge of PC-based Adobe Creative Suite
- Have had experience of working with mobile apps
- Understanding of Windows PC Server & office network systems
- Microsoft Office proficient - Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
- Driving licence
- There will be an opportunity to participate in European travel, therefore the successful candidate should have a valid passport and have the ability to travel away from home for occasional periods of up to a week at a time
The position is based in Shrewsbury. Normal working hours 08.30 - 17.00 Mon - Thurs including 1 hour lunch break and 08.30 - 13.30 Friday plus as required when travelling.
Holidays: 20 days per year plus UK bank holidays (3 days to be taken at Christmas)
Salary: £19,000 - £21,000 per annum plus discretionary annual bonus and a company pension scheme
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic, confident and experienced individual to join a forward thinking, progressive company.