This position is responsible for managing one of their largest UK sites, which is based in inner West London with a very attractive remuneration package for the successful candidate.
Michael Page are partnering with a world leader in scientific testing, offering a comprehensive range of state-of-the-art analytical techniques to support their customer's increasingly stringent quality and food safety standards. They have a significant presence in the UK and are looking for a Senior Operations/General Manager to oversee and lead their West London site. They support services to the pharmaceutical, food, environmental and consumer product industries, and to governments.
The prime responsibility of this position is to lead a high performing London based site and to be accountable for the operational delivery and profitable organic growth of testing facilities in the region. Below is a summary of expectations and responsibilities of a General Manager:
- This position is the head of one of the largest sites of the UK business, reporting directly into the UK MD
- Responsible to lead and significantly expand the business along the agreed upon strategy
- Successfully integrate outsourcing contracts within the company's framework, vision and values
- Generate profitable new business and exceed new business targets in line with business plan
- To lead, motivate and develop a team to exceed the business plans and profitability goals
- Ensure delivery of a world class service to customer through regular client contact
- Overseeing site's P+L and be responsible for operational performance
- Manage business ensuring that quality and health and safety standards meet targeted levels
- Prepare and propose annual budget and 3 year plan, reporting any deviations to deliver agreed upon results
The successful candidate will have proven operational and financial experience and will have led a large site and team before.
You will have a track record of site and operational continuous improvement and ideally would have been instrumental in growing a high performing team and developing team members skill sets.
You will have also have experience managing a business where quality standards are an integral part of your sites performance alongside health and safety.
You will have high attention to detail and be professional in your approach to the role, whilst maintaining a personable approach to ensure effective liaison with Senior Reporting lines as well as your own direct reports and operational floor staff.
As General Manager you will be responsible for a large site with great exposure through to Senior Management within the UK and also globally, some major benefits below:
- Work for a large Global business specialising in areas including pharmaceutical, food, environmental and consumer product industries, and to governments.
- London base site, high performance with significant growth
- Attractive salary + bonus, car, pension, health and other benefits