Operations Technician Dayshift
Operations Technician (Day Shift) - Essex - £30k - £35k
Clemence Rogers are currently working in partnership with our client in the recruiting of an Operations Field Support Technician.
Reporting to the Site Supervisor the Operations Technician will join a team of multi-skilled operations Technicians responsible for carrying out planned maintenance / fault finding and operations of Reciprocating Engines, Generators, Electrical distribution systems, Gas plant and ancillary equipment used in the 24/7 operation of a landfill power station. The Technician will work on a shift roster basis to ensure maximum production is maintained in a safe working environment
The role involves a combination of operating the power plant, carrying out preventive and corrective maintenance (Mechanical & Electrical), commissioning, and fault finding. Assisting with gas field maintenance in a safe and efficient manner is also a requirement of the role.
* Take a leading role in complex fault diagnostics on reciprocating engine mechanical / electronic controls & instrumentation, LV and HV Apparatus and balance of plant systems in order to improve power station performance and revenue.
* Support the 24 / 7 Operation of the power station generating units and ancillary equipment according to standard procedures, and to support generation of maximum revenue through improving efficiency and performance.
* Carry out planned & corrective maintenance on all mechanical / electrical equipment to improve reliability /productivity and minimise downtime of generating units.
* Follow maintenance & operational procedures to ensure continuous reliability & productivity of the power station.
* Develop solutions to operational and engineering problems, and implement solutions and /or modifications, ensuring company management of change processes are followed.
* Identify and recommend spare parts holdings for critical mechanical or electrical assets
* Maintain accurate and thorough records of all maintenance work carried out, and all operational issues impacting engine downtime and load.
* Responsible for management of appropriate maintenance contracts and projects as directed by your line manager.
* Supervise contractors where required and ensure company policies and procedures are adhered too.
* Actively keeping abreast of the standards, the site should operate to in line with the Health & Safety Executive (HSE), Environment Agency, COMAH, SATEX/ DSEAR and appropriate discipline technical matters.
* Taking ownership and leadership of engineering requests and requirements.
* A significant knowledge of Plant Maintenance, HV / LV Electrical distribution systems and Operations gained in a heavy engineering industry such as Renewable Energy, Power Generation, Petrochemical, Marine Engineering (Royal Navy) or Chemical Production, preferably with a strong electrical / electronic background
* A time severed apprentice with a recognised qualification in an appropriate engineering subject such as a NVQ Level 3 / HNC / HND is preferred but qualifications, skills and suitable experience below this will be taken into account.
* A proven ability to operate in a climate of continuous improvement and work in a highly focused team
* A proven record of commitment to safety and ability to participate in a multi skilled environment.
* An understanding of computer based maintenance management systems. Such as Pronto, SAP, JDE, Maximo.
* Experience with operational systems, such as Bailey / SCADA, CITEC, processes.
* Ability to conduct RCA and complete technical reports.
* Experience and relevant competence in HV switching, instructions and supervision would be an advantage, but not necessary as training will be given.
* In depth understanding of process control systems, PLC's etc.
* Flexible attitude to varying requirements to suit the business needs.
* The ability to communicate with management, team members, external parties in a professional and effective manner.
* Ability to learn all areas of Company's LFG sites - i.e. gas fields, gas plant, power plant and administrative responsibilities.
* Accurate and attentive to detail, drive for results with demonstrated ability to work at speed.
* Able to lead by example and motivate co-workers.
* Excellent knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation.
* Willingness to complete both technical and non-technical aspects on a day-to-day basis.
* Team orientated approach along with an ability to work autonomously.
* Computer literate, able to use MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Access data bases.
* Experience with fault diagnosis to root cause on Duetz, Caterpillar and jenbacher gas engines would be an extreme advantage.