Commercial Pricing Analyst
We are Alexander Mann Solutions and we're passionate about helping companies and individuals fulfill their potential through talent acquisition and management.
Today, over 3,500 of our talent acquisition and management experts are partnering with our blue-chip clients across multiple sectors and in more than 90 countries. Delivering a distinctive blend of outsourcing and, through our Talent Collective team, consulting services, our unrivalled experience, capability and thought leadership helps our clients attract, engage and retain the talent they need for business success.
The role of the Commercial Pricing Analyst is to act as part of the commercial team responsible for governing and enabling sales and business development across global business practices. The main focus of the role will be offering support to the sales function throughout the sales & bid process developing robust commercial models incorporating all aspects from operational considerations, pricing, legal, negotiation strategy to implementation.
As well as offering support to the sales team for new bids, the role also supports key personnel on existing clients in respect of business development opportunities and continued review of financial performance post implementation.
This role offers a great work/life balance as well as some flexibility to work from home and would suit a Qualified or P/Q finance professional looking for an accounting related career away from the norm and with a difference.
Responsible for all elements of commercial/pricing modeling and sales support including:
- Working as part of the commercial team developing robust commercial/pricing models offering flexible and innovative pricing models for new bids and business development to help support sales growth.
- Ensure commercial governance around a robust bid and opportunity review process.
- Identify and communicate commercial risks during the bid process and consider pricing/operational considerations to mitigate those risks.
- Develop and maintain a commercial database of operational and pricing benchmarks to assist with more accurate modeling.
- Offer a challenge to operational inputs provided when developing new pricing models.
- Provide support to finance team and client operations teams post contract go live to ensure that agreed commercials are properly implemented and forecasts accurately reflect modeled revenue and costs.
- Liaise with legal team to ensure that any new contracts/contract amendments accurately reflect commercial outputs modeled.
- Offer support to Client Relationship Directors and other senior operational heads, to help develop revised pricing and pricing for additional scope and service on existing clients to maximise contribution on a client by client basis.
- Deliver inputs for key board reporting for progress of commercial negotiations.
- Pro-actively assess areas for process and cost efficiencies within the global business
Skills and experience
- Analytical - able to translate business problems into meaningful analysis.
- Experience with commercial/financial analysis.
- Experience of working alongside and offering support for sales function.
- Previous experience of financial/pricing modeling.
- Very strong Excel skills (Macros).
- Qualified / Part-Qualified (ACCA,CIMA) or QBE highly advantageous.
Alexander Mann Solutions is committed to Equal Opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community
Please let us know if you need an adjustment or adaptation at any stage to support you during the recruitment journey.