Technical Specialist - Windows
We are looking for a Technical Specialist - Windows who will be working under direction from a Technical Lead or Project Manager. To design, build and implement Technical solutions to meet Business requirements and IT Infrastructure roadmaps.
A further education qualification, preferably in computing or experience in a Technical Solutions role delivering IT services and solutions to a mission critical environment in one of the following disciplines including Unix, Database, Windows server or Network/Communications.
- Knowledge of systems management procedures in a large commercial, mission-critical environment.
- LANs, WANs and TCP/IP, SANS, CBS Systems
- Capacity planning, performance tuning, proactive monitoring.
- Change control, release procedures and tools.
- ITIL based service management framework
Microsoft Windows Server systems
- Windows Server (2003, 2008 & 2012).
- Active Directory.
- VMware Virtualisation.
- HP Server / Blade / Cluster Technology.
- An appreciation of web services, XML standards
- An appreciation of Windows based applications.
- IT Security, TMG, Finjan, mailsweeper
- Backup software (Commvault Simpana)
- Powershell scripting
- Branch Systems (Focus) support.
At least two of:
- SQL Server Database (2005, 2008, 2012) installation & management
- Exchange email services (2010).
- IIS, COM, web browser, .net and associated Internet/Intranet technology.
- SAN technology (NetApp) and utilities.
- Citrix XenApp.
- Sharepoint (2007,2013)
- SCCM (2007, 2012)
What we offer:
- £31,811 - £47,716
- 23 days annual leave
- Annual Bonus
- 5% Pension