Part Time Financial Controller
Our client a charity based in Maidstone is looking to recruit a Part Time Financial Controller to work 2/3 days a week. The successful candidate will ensure the effective management of accounting and financial procedures through development and implementation of systems for collecting, analysing, verifying, and reporting financial information to the Chief Executive. This to include preparation of group accounts and filing annual returns.
Key responsibilities and duties
Strategy and Planning
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising account information and trends.
- Where required, make recommendations to the Chief Executive in regard to; strategic plans and reviews, preparing and completing action plans, implementing production, productivity, quality and customer service standards, resolving problems, identifying trends, developing system improvements and implementing change.
- Meet accounting financial objectives by forecasting requirements; supporting the Chief Executive in the preparation of Annual Budgets, scheduling expenditure, analysing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements, filing reports and advising the Chief Executive on needed actions.
- Develop system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts, bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Maintain accounts by verifying, allocating and posting transactions, ensuring all computer records are accurate and up to date.
- Balance all accounts by preparing a trial balance and reconciling entries.
- Maintain historical records by filing documents.
- Maintain accounting controls by establishing a chart of accounts, defining accounting policies and procedures.
- Support other departments, through the Chief Executive, by researching and interpreting accounting policy and make recommendations to operational issues.
- Maintain financial security by establishing internal controls.
- Be responsible for all the financial accounting procedures.
- Maintaining donor database accurately.
- Claim Gift Aid on a six monthly basis and maintaining records.
- Prepare and file VAT returns ensuring that the Company adheres to HMRC regulations.
Reporting and Budgeting
- Monitor income and expenditure coordinating the collection, consolidation and evaluation of financial data; preparing special reports.
- Evaluate all budgets by reporting to the Chief Executive actual financial performance against budget and evaluation of variances.
- Prepare management accounts on a monthly basis to present to Senior Management and distribute to departments when agreed.
We are acting a a Recruitment Agency in relation to this role.