My client helps local services businesses such as hairdressers, plumbers or dentists become digital and gain exposure to new customers. They require a Management Accountant/ Financial Accountant to support the Finance Director and work in a small finance team. You will be entrepreneurial and ambitious and want to play a leading role in the future of the company. You will play a pivotal role in building the finance department and processes.
- Produce monthly management accounts with the assistance of external accountants and internal finance team
- Drive the month end financial timetable to produce timely and accurate accounts
- Reconcile all balance sheets monthly
- Review and sign off Payroll
- Review Quarterly VAT return
- Ensure costs and revenue are correctly reported to nominal accounts and cost centres
- Ensure Chart of Accounts (COA), cost centres and Financial Statement Versions (FSV) are maintained and controlled to ensure appropriate reporting.
- Ensure income and expense are compliant with local GAAP and IFRS.
- Produce monthly cashflow forecast.
- Assist Financial Director to produce reports for the board and investors.
- Identify areas for improvement and more accurate financial reporting.
- Manage and code expenses
- Track all subscriptions and payment plans charged to Prepayment card, ensuring optimum plan is followed and subscriptions are cancelled when not required.
- Review costs
- Assist with tax queries for Corporation Tax computation.
- Ensure marketing, COGS (walkers, digital services etc) are correctly accounted for.
- Assist with preparation of R&D Tax Credit claims for refunds.
- Support Head of Finance in ad-hoc projects
Candidate Profile and range of experience
Fully qualified accountant: ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
Preferable experience in monthly subscription services
Familiar with accounting software - ideally Xero or similar
A strong team player with good interpersonal skills
Ability to work with speed and accuracy for reporting
Strong communication skills (Oral and Written)
Inquisitive personality to understand the business and work with the managers to report results and costs within the business.
Multi-lingual will be an advantage since billing is pan Europe and an understanding of local tax for sale of digital services