Product Manager / UX Manager
Purple Monkey Recruitment are working with a leading specialist retailer who are looking for a Product Manager / UX Manager to join their team at a time of exponential growth.
The Product Manager / UX Manageris accountable for website performance, website development and website data for all country websites / subdomains. To exceed customer satisfaction, this person is responsible for monitoring website performance to ensure zero downtime, fast server response and page load times. In addition, this role involves fixing website issues flagged by customers and internal customers (employees / suppliers). The Product Manager / UX Manager collaborates with employees accountable for all the online Customer Journey to devise website development to hit commercial goals. Lastly, this person is responsible for supplying the business with insightful web data that leads to actions.
As Product Manager / UX Manager you will:
- Continuously monitor the websites performance.
- Work with the web development, hosting teams and 3rd party vendors (load testing, CDN) to ensure optimal performance of the websites all through the year.
- Set up and maintaining the configuration of the current and future websites, including but not limited to: payment gateways, shipping options, feeds management, tax settings, email communications, alerts and reporting etc.
- identification, investigation and fixing of web-related issues. You will manage them from identification to resolution.
- work in conjunction with the internal and external support teams to identify and implement the right solution.
- Produce monitoring and performance insight on your area of ownership; highlighting issues and/or opportunities to improve performance.
- Develop the vision, strategy and roadmap for the websites.
- Work with the business teams to define and prioritise with a pragmatic approach, focusing on value creation and strategic fit.
- Track and communicate progress.
- Manage communication to stakeholders (including international team).
- Manage the development backlog
- Manage user’s onsite experience and improve usability through a combination of user testing, user journey analysis and multivariate testing.
- Translating the business needs and requirements into high quality product specifications (e.g., flows, user stories, acceptance criteria etc.) for your development teams to implement.
- Responsible for ensuring the websites conform to specification.
- be involved in the definition, implementation and management of a new system of automated web testing.
- pro-actively analyse the websites behaviour and data and identify and work to fix any potential issues before any software updates are released.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
- Strong understanding of the elements required to deliver a good digital customer experience.
- Experience of ecommerce platforms.
- A strong analytical mindset and skills, including the ability to break down complex scenarios into simpler, smaller parts.
- Experience taking accountability for a product with a visionary but economic approach to decision making, balancing business/customer needs and technical feasibility.
- Proven track record of gathering business requirements and writing user stories.
- Good understanding of the delivery lifecycle and governance process with the ability to identify and manage issues.
- A deep understanding of agile/lean principles, with a willingness to adapt and learn.
- Strong communication skills; able to talk with both business stakeholders and technical teams, facilitating discussion and negotiation.
- Previous experience of managing 3rd party development agencies.
- Proficient in Google Analytics or other web analytics software.
This is a great time for an experienced Product Manager / UX Manager to join a business at a time of exponential growth.