Our established and extremely friendly client is seeking to recruit a Financial Controller to join their team near to Burgess Hill.
Purpose of the Role
The Financial Controller is responsible for managing all day to day financial administration, pensions and payroll activities. They will also ensure all statutory accounting and reporting functions are fulfilled. The Head of Finance will also assist the directors in the overall strategic financial and operational development of the company.
Summary of the Role
The Financial Controller has day to day responsibility for all aspects of the businesses finances including payroll, accounting, financial reporting and financial management.
Working with staff from across all departments of the business the Financial Controller will be expected to ensure accurate accounting and reporting for both internal and external purposes.
- Document, implement and operate financial controls as necessary and ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met.
- Monitor and review the effectiveness of financial controls to ensure that they remain appropriate at all times.
- Working with budget holders to prepare the annual budget for approval from directors.
- Control and responsibility for all financial aspects of the company strategy including preparing budgets in line with that strategy and monthly management accounts to show the performance against the budgets.
- Monitor all payments to employees and ensure that all relevant regulations are being complied with.
- Ensure the company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant financial legislation and ensure that all accounting information is accurate and processed correctly and records are stored appropriately.
- Administer and manage the company’s payroll system and all associated tax and statutory returns.
- Administer the businesses various pension schemes, complete end of year pension returns and liaise with auditors to ensure accurate and timely preparation of the pension fund accounts.
- Take ultimate responsibility for the company cash management policies including preparing monthly cash flow statements.
- Maintain strong working relationships with bankers, auditors and investment managers.
- Contribute fully to the development of the company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate.
- Manage staff in the finance department, monitoring their work, setting targets and carrying out regular appraisals.
- Prepare papers for The Director’s for regular finance meetings, and take minutes at the meetings.
- Liaise with staff from other departments as necessary, providing proactive support and advice on financial issues as needed.
- The operation of the sale ledger ensuring that invoices are raised promptly and accurately and that appropriate credit control procedures are in place to ensure prompt payment of debts.
- The operation of purchase ledger ensuring that invoices are accurately recorded and that suppliers are paid within agreed credit terms.
- Ensure relevant accounting reconciliations are carried out on a regular basis.
- The smooth operation of the monthly payroll and ensure that all relevant requirements are complied with.
- Responsible for the month end reporting including control account reconciliations, stock accuracy, bad debt reviews and bank reconciliations.
- Analyse figures and implement recommendations on the findings.
- Prepare other financial reports on specific activities and performances when needed.
- Assistance with the production of the draft year end management accounts, supporting schedules and liaison with the auditors.
- Responsible for, year-end reporting.
- Ensure accurate and timely submissions of Inland Revenue returns.
- Updating reviewing and documented the organisation’s financial policies and procedures
Due to office location your own transport is essential. This is an excellent opportunity to join a superb non-corporate firm.
First Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency for this Vacancy.