Job Title: Area Manager
Location: West London
Salary: £35,000 - £43,000 per annum + car + benefits
Are you an experienced people manager with great motivation skills, who enjoys working with the public? Our Client is currently searching for an Area Manager to look after their stores in West London. With great opportunities for progression throughout this rapidly expanding business you will have the opportunity to deliver a great store environment and the chance of future progression with a wide variety of partner brands
- A positive and can do attitude, and the confidence to lead from the front, maintaining an excellent level of service throughout the store.
- An upbeat and energetic leader who is able to lead a team to deliver targets and KPIs through a variety of different means
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with a variety of different experience levels in store
- At least 2 years of experience in a multi-site or flagship store role in a fast paced retail environment
- You will have a can do attitude, be naturally confident, passionate about supporting people and achieving in your role
- Punctual, reliable and willing to go the extra mile, you will thrive on achieving targets and love the buzz of a retail store that is busy
- Effective planning, time management and the ability to keep calm under pressure
THE ROLE - KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing the teams in store to deliver the highest level of customer service and leading by example
- Providing leadership advice to store managers and staff with the overall goal of ensuring the effective operation and success of the brand
- Dealing with and resolving any customer complaints or queries to a high standard and ensuring all customers are satisfied with their visits to the store
- Take responsibility for the results of your area against KPI targets set by Head Office
- Encouraging the team to work together to hit in store sales targets and KPI’s, celebrating store success stories and motivating all team members
- Completing regular performance reviews with managers along with disciplinary and investigation meetings where needed
- Attend monthly Area meetings, finance meetings, and weekly conference calls
- Increasing store sales and profits through analysing financial performance of the stores and troubleshooting to
- Ensuring Health and Safety and hygiene procedures are maintained and followed by all store teams
- Recruiting and developing the teams in store and motivating them to further their career with the brand
Our client is one of the UK’s leading specialist retailers of greeting cards, gift and party products. They aim to produce a wide range of outstanding quality cards and products at exceptional value. They are a business who have experience consistent year on year growth and have been able to expand their store portfolio to over 850 sites. As a business they believe in giving something back to the local community and are partnered with a multitude of great charities.
KEY WORDS: Retail, Hospitality, Customer Service, People Management, Store Manager, Deputy Manager, Section Manager, Team Leader, Assistant Manager, Restaurant Manager
This role is being handled by McCarthy Recruitment, award winning specialist retail & HR recruitment consultancy covering the whole of the UK. McCarthy is like no other recruitment agency you will have worked with, our difference is our commitment to providing a professional and personalised recruitment service of the highest quality.
We provide our candidates with a consultative, honest, high quality and efficient service which develops long term relationships ensuring we become the preferred consultancy for all our clients and candidates. We pride ourselves on understanding people - we are real, we get to the real you and we will get you real results. But then, put simply - It’s the way we work.
McCarthy Recruitment is retained and exclusive on this assignment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Apply for this role now or find us online at: