Business Systems Developer
Up to £35,000 depending on experience and qualifications
40hrs per week
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Systems Developer to join our team in Bournemouth.
You’ll be responsible for providing development, delivery and support of Stonewater’s Business Systems applications ensuring that they are of an excellent standard.
- Giving technical visualisations of proposed applications, translating logical designs into physical ones and producing detailed design documentation for Business Systems, ensuring work is mapped to user specification, without errors
- Designing, coding and testing complex programs and program modifications
- Using in-depth technical analysis skills to create Business Systems test cases, recording and analysing outcomes back to the system requirements
- Integrating Business Systems by defining builds, accepting software modules from developers and producing software builds
- Investigating operational requirements, problems and opportunities
- Maintaining Business System security, keeping records and investigating security breaches
- Providing Business Systems support to users, dealing with complex incidents
The ideal candidate should:
- Have experience of applying analytical skills to complex technical issues, business processes and recommending solutions
- Ability to adapt to a continually changing environment
- Have extensive experience in Windows based development infrastructure
- Have experience with SQL server, Macros, VBA, Microsoft Office, Citrix and Crystal Reports or similar
- Be a natural leader, able to inspire and motivate those around you
- Have great communication and customer service skills, with the ability to develop long term business relationships.
- Be organised and able to work under pressure, managing multiple priorities at any one time
- Desirably hold a project management qualification, Microsoft professional certification and degree in computer related vocation
Appointment to this role will be subject to a satisfactory references and possession of a valid Right to Work document.
We are an ambitious social housing provider, with an annual turnover of £181 million and £1.7 billion in assets who manage around 31,500 homes in England for over 65,000 customers.
Our extensive portfolio consists of affordable properties for general rent, shared ownership and sale, alongside specialist accommodation for older and vulnerable people, Foyers and women’s refuges.
We offer an opportunity work for a leading social housing provider who transforms people’s lives; where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package. If you’re committed, talented and passionate, Stonewater is the right place for you.
Closing date: Monday 22 January 2018
Interview date: Friday 26 January 2018 and Monday 29 January 2018
Stonewater supports equality of opportunities and is working towards developing a diverse workforce. We welcome all applications.