Technical Project Manager
Role: Technical Project Manager (12 month Fixed Term Contract)
Salary: £55,000 - 60,000
Benefits: 12% bonus at target, 28 + 8 days Annual Leave, Pension, Flexible Benefits
Royal London is the largest mutual life, pensions and investment company in the UK, with Group funds under management of £106 billion. Group businesses provide around 9.0 million policies and employ 3,449 people. (Figures quoted are as at 30 June 2017).
Founded as a Friendly Society in a London coffee shop in 1861, Royal London started out with the aim to help people avoid the stigma of a pauper's grave. Since then we have been helping people help themselves and are committed to delivering the best value for customers and putting members first
We have an exciting Fixed Term Contract opportunity for an experienced IT Project Manager with a solid track record in managing multiple concurrent projects accompanied by strong technical solution delivery & Stakeholder engagement experience to join the Group Technology & Change IT function in Wilmslow.
The main purpose of this role is to take ownership and accountability for the delivery of a variety of projects that will enable the business to deliver business benefits on time, within budget and to agreed quality standards.
This role will offer a fantastic opportunity to manage and have overall responsibility for the planning and co-ordination of small to medium sized projects with teams of 10-15. This role will involve leading cross functional projects and interacting with technical teams throughout the organisation.
- End to end project management from planning through to mobilisation and delivery
- Successful delivery of multiple technical projects.
- Customer engagement - excellent stakeholder management across all areas of the business
- Delivery of quality solutions within timescales and budgets
- Effective communication with GTC Teams, project sponsors, stakeholders & customers
- Full engagement with the Royal London culture
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Excellent stakeholder management and engagement experience
- Proven experience of managing the delivery of complex infrastructure projects
- Solid all round project manager skill set
- Strong Technical background and comfortable communicating with technical teams
- Confident individual with proven experience of communicating and influencing with key stakeholders
- Must be ambitious and driven
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong understanding and experience of portfolio and project governance
- Excellent planning, co-ordination and organisation skills
- Experience of delivering multiple concurrent projects simultaneously
- Extensive experience of resource and task management through to delivery
To apply, please use the 'Apply Online' link below.