Accounts Assistant Oil & Gas Background Essential
KennedyPearce is recruiting for an Accounts Assistant based within an Oil & Gas development business. The is a stand alone role that will require the need to carry out Oil & Gas accounting functions together with day to day accounting using Sun Accounts and relevant excel spreadsheets.
You will also need to perform daily accounting tasks and act as project administrator for systems development. Liaise with Account Assistant and CFO and input/update bank transactions, accounts payable, accounts receivable, VAT reconciliation, monthly management reports, monthly forecasts and G&A reporting etc.
- Manage accounts payable function.
- Manage and jointly perform time-writing function.
- Recharge costs and issue debit notes - monthly.
- Liaise with requirements of Company Secretary regularly.
- Input multi-currency transactions in a timely manner.
- Reconcile bank accounts at end of month / Cash-flow / FX.
- Input and reconcile monthly payroll.
- Enter book depreciation entries on Sun Accounts.
- Maintain and reconcile fixed assets register on monthly basis.
- Process cash calls on monthly basis.
- Monthly input of joint interest billings on spreadsheets and book journals on Sun Accounts.
- Book oil sales journals on Sun with special exchange rates.
- Run G&A and bank reports monthly to check and reconcile.
- Ensure payment of loan, interest, commitment fees etc on project basis.
- Quarterly VAT returns and its reconciliation to the nearest pennies & deal with VAT inspector for any queries raised
- Monthly reconcile prepayments and accruals.
- Reconcile inter-companies monthly.
- Manage Trial Balance for 3-5 business units (entities). The transactions to handle are high in value but low in volume.
- Prepare first draft of monthly management reports based on input in Sun System.
- Prepare first draft of monthly forecast as requested by Head Office.
- Assist in internal controls set up.
- Assist in preparation of annual accounts for the entities.
- Prepare annual governmental surveys as standard followed.
- Assist in tax computations.
- Generate BACs & online payments and record journal entries.
- Deal with statutory auditors.
This role is offering up to £50k