Head of Digital Delivery
Here at Volkswagen Financial Services in Milton Keynes we’re building a culture where ideas, customer insight and digital products & services are developed and delivered in partnership with IT in an Agile, flexible and dynamic way.
We’re seeking an experienced and commercially focussed Head of Digital Delivery to join us and lead the team responsible for developing and delivering new and exciting digital products and services for VWFS. Reporting directly to the Chief Information Officer, and with a dotted line to the Director of Digital and Innovation, your team will be responsible for the technical design, development and maintenance of products and assets. Your team of circa 15 will include UX, Scrum, Development (front and back end), Test and Architecture.
You’ll be working very closely with our Global Headquarters and so will have the opportunity to travel to liaise with our German counterparts on a fairly regular basis. You will collaborate closely with the IT teams locally and globally to ensure alignment for technical development and delivery and will cultivate strong external relationships with business partners, agencies, and consultants to support the successful delivery of digital projects and initiatives.
This is a pivotal role for our digital function at VWFS as we continue to develop our digital offering for our Brands and customers
- Direct and lead the technical delivery of VWFS (UK) Ltd. Digital Unit projects and initiatives
- Lead the Digital Delivery team in order to deliver initiatives within agreed scope and timeframes
- Enable the implementation of a digital roadmap supported by a cohesive programme of development and an implementation plan for delivery.
- Participate in and provide regular status updates as required to all relevant
- Oversee and assure all digital delivery activities undertaken by the Digital Unit.
- Oversee and assure all end to end development, system testing, system integration testing, non-functional testing and UAT activities undertaken by, or on behalf of the business
- Technically manage and support digital assets delivered from a business-as-usual perspective using a continuous integration approach to release and deployment
- Ensure Dev Ops capability is aligned to the demands of Digital Delivery
- Manage third parties providing technical services and resources in relation to Digital Delivery
- Oversee the management of technical risks and issues in relation to projects within the remit of the Digital Unit.
- Ensure that all digital products and assets are compliant with VWFS standards and policies
- Provide technical advice and consultancy to key VWFS stakeholders as required in relation to the Digital Unit.
Skills and Experience Required
- Experience of managing large operational IT service management business areas (B2C and/or B2B) with strong business results.
- Proven experience in building or expanding, developing and retaining high performing teams in a consulting or industry environment.
- Proven experience in the management of resources and workforce planning, including working in a matrix management environment.
- Demonstrable experience in managing bespoke software and/or digital development/implementation and integration projects, from inception through to delivery on small, medium and large projects.
- Experienced in balancing and managing multiple senior business managers in the delivery of complex digital transformation programmes.
- Experience in providing oversight, developing and implementing effective IT services strategically and in alignment with regulatory requirements and guidance.
- Experience in managing outsourced services and suppliers.
- Understanding of agile delivery techniques e.g. continuous delivery/integration, test driven development, and associated tooling
- Ability to analyse, understand, and identify the best design for a technical solution which meets strategic objectives and roadmap
- Proven communication skills to engage with and mediate between business, functions and IT leaders.
- Educated in a technical discipline to a degree level, or equivalent.
- Relevant financial services/IT qualifications (e.g. ITIL, ISO, Prince2).
Company car and fuel card, annual discretionary bonus, generous pension scheme, private healthcare, and much more!
About Volkswagen Financial Services
Volkswagen Financial Services (VWFS) provides finance and insurance services to customers across the entire Volkswagen Group in the United Kingdom. The Group includes some of the world’s most iconic automotive brands; Audi, SEAT, Skoda, Volkswagen, Bentley, Lamborghini, Porsche, Bugatti, Ducati, MAN and Scania.