My Client is a small, rapidly growing food business based in South London. Currently they are seeking an experienced Procurement Manager to join the company and set up a full procurement function. The ideal candidate will have a food background within procurement and will be excited at the opportunity to operate with full autonomy.
The Procurement Manager will need to be a self-starter, able to take on responsibility and show good judgement. The company expects a period of fast growth and the right candidate will have the ability to grow their career on the back of these developments. Some international travel may be required.
- Leading supplier relationship management and developing collaborative relationships with key suppliers to maximise Quality and Service and to minimise Risk. Managing the interface with suppliers to maximise their value.
- Developing and managing contracts to allow both parties to fully understand their obligations and key success criteria as part of the agreement, providing the foundation to manage the future contract and relationship effectively.
- Establishing key performance indicators with suppliers and managing them to these through regular supplier reviews.
- Extending our supplier base by leading supplier selection and negotiations.
- Securing, analysing and understanding market intelligence on key product categories and suppliers; and developing actionable insights as the foundation for effective category /supplier management.
- Owning and maintaining cost of goods and cost of logistics data, and inputting this into the company’s pricing model, for the use in business forecasting and planning, together with the Business Development Team
- Leading regular procurement meetings with internal teams to update business with relevant information regarding suppliers, products and costs.
- Negotiating material / product costs with suppliers and delivering savings from the supplier base to the business.
- A degree - in a relevant business management subject or similar
- CIPS qualification - ideally
- Proven procurement experience, preferably within food / drink, FMCG or similar.
- Demonstrable experience of tendering and negotiating contracts with key suppliers.
- Robust stakeholder management skills, with the ability to influence and negotiate at a senior level and work collaboratively with peers.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, ambition, drive and business acumen
What’s on offer?
- Excellent package
- Excellent benefits, including bonus
- Full autonomy
- Chance to join rapidly growing business