HCA - Band 3 - Portsmouth
Job : HCA Band 3
Must be a driver.
Salary : £9.00 - £13.00 per hour
Location : Portsmouth
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
· Provide an enhanced rehabilitative / re-enablement service from Intermediate Care to the home environment.
· Support recovery and return patient to a level of independence of at least that prior to admission to acute hospital care.
· Lone working in the community within prescribed limits undertaking Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, nursing and social care tasks within agreed parameters set by the multidisciplinary team in achieving determined rehabilitation goals with patients.
· The job will include home visiting and lone working without direct supervision.
· 80% of workload to be face to face within a 5 day working week.
· To liaise daily with the multi-disciplinary team of PRRT.
· To maintain legible, accurate, contemporaneous paper and electronic records which are dated and signed.
· To participate in the collection of data for survey, research, management and planning projects as approved by the Trust.
· To complete and submit statistical returns at the required time.
· To keep an accurate diary, which reflects daily work and mileage.
· To participate in staff performance review.
Any other duties as required by the PRRT management team, appropriate to the post and grade
The applicant MUST meet the following qualifications & requirements.
Post: Generic Rehabilitation Assistant
Criteria 1: Qualifications
NVQ Level 2/3 in Health & Social Care.
Minimum of two years’ experience Nursing Aux/HCSW in the Community/Hospital setting.
Evidence of ongoing training and development.
Criteria 2: Experience
Previous experience in a health and social care setting providing nursing care/working with adults/older people.
Previous experience of caring for patients with chronic health care needs/palliative care needs.
Criteria 3: Skills
Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
Enthusiastic and sense of humour.
Prepared to work agreed shift patterns over seven days
Ability to work as part of a close knit team.
Self-motivated, self-starter, able to organise a large and varied work programme.
Literate in English.
Being flexible and adaptable at work in order to meet competing priorities.
Criteria 4: Knowledge
Caring for Older People.
Criteria 5: Equality
An understanding of equality within the workforce and how it can impact on this post.
Criteria 6:OtherIs able to legally work within t