Conveyancing legal assistant
We now have available a vacancy for a legal assistant in our residential conveyancing team to be based at our Manchester office.
Your role will be to assist in the Conveyancing transaction and will include dealing with client enquiries, providing updates and taking instructions. You will also be preparing forms, letters, contracts, leasehold and completion reports together with electronic accounts statements and providing general assistance to the Case Managers. Having Conveyancing experience and using a case management system would be an advantage for this role.
About the firm
Stephensons is an award winning, top 150 law firm with a strong commitment to the future growth and development of the business. With an ambitious mind set, yet approachable and down to earth attitude, Stephensons provides an exciting place for long term career development and progression. Whilst we do look for highly motivated and driven individuals, we also have a strong commitment to work life balance and flexibility
What’s on offer?
Childcare Voucher Scheme
Holiday Sale & Purchase scheme
Discounted gym membership
Corporate rate BUPA membership
Season ticket travel/parking permit loans
Cycle to Work Scheme
Payroll Giving Scheme.
KEY RESULT AREAS
• To understand and operate the Firm’s Conveyancing case management system throughout a Conveyancing transaction and to be able to prepare all forms and letters on that system accordingly, or generate own letters where appropriate
• Deal with incoming and outgoing telephone calls in order to update or deal with queries where possible, take detailed messages and take instructions
• Liaise with panel management companies and corporate estate agents over the phone and face to face
• Work on system generated prompts, instructions and be able to prioritise work
• Conduct work on the files on a day to day basis and answer client or other queries in full, liaising with professional bodies, third parties and clients in order to progress the case
• Undertake administrative duties including (but not exclusively) attending to and advising clients under supervision, drafting letters, preparing all forms of contracts, leasehold reports and all other documents relating to the Conveyancing transaction
• Deal with pre completion matters, under supervision, including preparation of a completion statement and electronic accounts requests and manage the completion
• Compliance with Client Care and Complaints Procedures in order to minimize the risk of negligence and comply with Law Society Rules.
• Ensure that all department and I.T. policies are adhered to.
• 5 GCSEs at grade C or above, or equivalent. Relevant work experience can be considered as an alternative.
• Experience of Residential Conveyancing
• Experience of using case management systems
• Experience of working with panel management companies and corporate estate agents
• Experience of working in an office/clerical environment and in dealing with clients both face to face and over the telephone
Knowledge and Skills
• Good standard of computer literacy and keyboard skills
• Excellent telephone manner and customer care skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills to build and maintain positive relationships
• Good communication skills
• Organisation skills
• Awareness of work undertaken in a solicitors office
• Discretion and ability to work in a confidential environment
• Pleasant, approachable, patient, polite
• Ability to work amidst frequent interruptions whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to be flexible to suit the needs of the Dept.
• Ability to work as part of a team