Assistant Accountant wanted for ClearSky Accounting based in Hemel Hempstead
Playing a pivotal role within the Practice the primary purpose of this role is to review and finalise our client's statutory accounts. You will also be responsible for preparing income references, corporation tax computations, CT600 returns and for submitting accounts to HMRC and Companies House.
ClearSky Contractor Accounting means working alongside talented and passionate professionals who are dedicated to achieving great things and reaching new heights in their career. You'll be part of a team who are constantly exceeding expectations and striving to deliver the best results possible for our clients.
- Review all accounting information and working papers prepared by staff
- To povide all necessary guidance and assistance required by them to meet their duties and responsibilities.
- Review management accounts and prepare income references for clients
- Prepare statutory accounts in accordance with UK GAAP and FRSSE (2007) using Sage Accounting Production Advanced
- Prepare corporation tax computations and CT600 returns
- Liaise with Team Leaders on the finalisation of draft accounts
- Submission to clients, follow up and handling questions and amendments
- Support Team Leader and Assistant
- Assist with Companies House matters
- Assist with tax issues and provide support to tax staff
- Submit accounts to HMRC and Companies House, monitor and handle penalties
- Deal with ad hoc enquiries from clients in liaison with Team Leaders
- Assist with the production of P11D reports from accounting information
- Assist with the assessment of distributable profits and the determination of dividends
- Understanding IR35 and basic PAYE and wage matters
- Assist with tax planning administration and new client matters
- Assist all staff in meeting the day to day demands from clients and providing adequate assistance in answering relevant questions from clients
- Any other duties and responsibilities consistent with the role.
- Proved experience in working in a Accountancy Practice.
- Strong numeracy and communication skills
- Ability to maintain high levels of accuracy
- Ability to work as an individual as well as part of a team
- Thorough understanding of VAT, payroll, small company corporation tax and personal tax
- Understanding of IR35 taxation and fiscal year end deemed salary calculations
There are plenty of perks that come with a career at ClearSky, not only will you be given all of the support and training you need to progress; you can also take control of your career and steer it in the direction you want.
If you are looking for a career where you can make a difference, be supported by your colleagues and achieve your full potential, ClearSky is with you all the way.