Accounts Manager - Excellent Accountancy Practice
An exciting opportunity has arisen in Bromley, Kent at a top accountancy practice for a motivated and talented individual to join the firm as an Accounts manager responsible for a high performing team and exciting client base. This role will allow the successful individual to work closely with a variety of clients in sector and size and offer excellent progression prospects.
A new and exciting role as an Accounts Manager has arisen in one of the top practices in the South East. They are committed to maintain a size where continuity and personal attention still remain possible. They are able to combine the expertise of a large organisation with the approachability of a smaller firm.
They focus on quality of service and are keen to meet the needs of their clients' by using leading-edge technology. They work on a global platform and use their experience to deliver an individual service to their clients; from global groups and listed companies to owner managed businesses, private individuals and charities.
Based in Bromley, they offer audit, assurance and business advisory services, as well as advice on corporate and personal tax matters. They also hold their staff in high regard and strive to provide the best possible working environment an ambition that has been recognised in terms of numerous awards.
You will join a well established and well performing Bromley based team reporting directly in to the Partner. The services of the team incorporate a mix of statutory accounts, management accounts, bookkeeping and VAT but the responsibility of the Manager will be to maintain client relationships, manage staff and provide and advisory service.
- Be involved in the detailed preparation of complex or larger business accounts from the client's detailed or incomplete records using the firm's accounting software
- Review accounts and working papers to an extent appropriate to the complexity of the engagement and experience of the staff thus far involved
- Carry out the posting for complex or missing areas of accounts or oversee this
- Review business related personal and partnership tax returns and interpret the results for the client
- Prepare corporation tax returns and review the work of junior staff
- Prepare/amend and/or approve letters and emails relating to more complex issues
- Prepare replies to more complex client or third party correspondence, seeking further input as appropriate
- Have direct contact with the client and third parties
- Deal with the more technical enquiries from clients and other firm members
- Deal with Enquiries raised by HMRC
- Identify the potential for more complex tax planning opportunities and recommend appropriate strategies
- Assist clients with one-off assignments
- Initiate and attend client meetings
- Meet potential clients
ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualified or studying
Practice background preferable
Client management experience: fee quotes, billing, collecting, managing information flow
Appraisals/staff management experience
Highly Competitive Salary
Full Benefits Package