Finance Business Partner - Birmingham
Haig and Co have been asked to exclusively support a growing service sector business based in Birmingham. This newly created and crucial role as Finance Business Partner will provide the successful candidate a defined career opportunity and supportive working environment with the chance to get really involved in the strategic growth of the business, supporting restructuring and commercial success.
This is a superb opportunity for an experienced Finance Business Partner. Reporting to the CFO you will help take the business through to the next growth stage in line with the business strategy with the aim of providing true synergy between the operations of the group and the finance function with the aim of continuous improvement and accuracy of intelligent and commercial decision making.
- True business partnering with all levels of UK management and business units to provide and educate an excellence in all operational practices
- Being the finance lead in the UK supporting regional business leaders in all financial/commercial aspects to ensure adherence to the growth strategy
- Be a subject matter expert on all aspects of commercial contract review, decision support and be the financial conscience of the operational stakeholders
- Drive excellence in service provision and delivery
- Responsible for driving a business partnering ethos and culture
- Produce accurate and relevant monthly forecasts/reports, working with key stakeholders to maximise their impact and use
- Drive best practice and identify weakness and fragility in current operational MO and implement long term solutions
- Deep dive into the management accounts and ID critical business issues that would instill better operational effectiveness
For the role as Finance Business Partner, the ideal candidate should have the following:
- A highly meticulous individual with a very strong attention to detail who can produce consistent and accurate results
- A strong and experienced background within a service oriented organisation and understand the challenges faced by restructure and development for commercial success
- Finance qualification or equivalent (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/ACMA)
- Proven people development ability and experience in succession planning
- The ability to be the ambassador of the board and truly understand business operational needs
- Strong IT skills in multiple CRM/Excel/Office
As Senior Finance Business Partner you will have the chance to become a key figure in a competitive and growing business, plus with a defined route to FD. Excellent benefits package to include car or generous car allowance and associated bonus and benefits.