Tier 1 Support Analyst
Our client thrive in a company culture that is driven to deliver more for customers. Our employees are committed, proactive and motivated. This dynamic environment contributes to a thriving growth-focused culture throughout our client, providing many career opportunities that span sales, commercial and corporate activities
About the position
This role is based within the professional services team and we are looking for a person with excellent IT Support skills. The role requires this person to provide exceptional customer support on all products sold by our client
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Assist in a 24x7 shift pattern, including bank holidays and weekends
* Being first point of contact for support, via telephone, email and portal
* Logging support calls for our customers within the helpdesk system ensuring information collected is accurate and prioritised appropriately
* Working against contract service level agreements (SLAs)
* Pro-active monitoring of internal and customer systems
* Keeping support requests up to date
* Ensuring all relevant parties are kept informed of progress on support tickets
* Assist with requests for change (RFC's)
* Attending technical training as required
* Providing technical input to support requests to progress or resolve
* Working to achieve quarterly bonus objectives
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following attributes: -
* Knowledge of TCP/IP and other networking protocols including IPv4 and IPv6
* Knowledge of RIP, OSPF, NAT, Port forwarding would be a great advantage.
* Experience of configuring IP based products, firewalls and routers.
* Experience of complex networks and topologies and be able to determine route course fixes.
* Experience of routing concepts and knowledge of firewalls and routers.
* Experience of strong authentication products and two factor authentication.
* Experience of SSL technologies and certificates.
* Experience of web based administration and command line interfaces.
* Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems, Linux is also an advantage.
* Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, LDAP or other directory systems.
* Keep up to date with any vendor specific certifications or required external certifications.
* Instinctively find practical solutions to complex problems.
* Available to attend specific vendor training days away from home if necessary.
* Full driving license preferable, essential for future progression
* Demonstrate a strong awareness of and commitment to Ethics and Compliance and the Group Business Conduct Guidelines.