Office Manager (IFA Practice)
The Company: I am currently working on behalf of a regional IFA firm head-officed in Rotherham who are part of a larger FS group and are looking to recruit an Office Manager into that particular site, to oversee their wealth management arm. My client is an independent financial advice firm who are now 4 advisers strong, and are looking for an experienced Office/Practice Manager with financial services experience who can come in and control workflows, compliance/regulatory issues as well as a small team of 3 admin support staff. The firm is looking to grow slightly over the next year, with and adviser recruit or 2 planned as workloads increase on the private wealth side of the business so some involvement in assisting and advising on that growth plan from an operational/office management perspective is required.
The Role: The remit here is a very broad, hands-on Office Manager role that requires a strong background in financial advice, ideally from an IFA environment and encompasses some research/report writing, office admin duties and compliance oversight as required.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Regularly reviewing existing Systems & Controls including processes & procedures to ensure the firm operates in the most compliant and efficient manner possible
• Arranging & managing the outsourced compliance visits from our compliance network provider.
• Ensuring IFAs are aware of outcomes from file reviews including any remedial works and assisting where necessary.
• Managing a team of 3 IFA support; two Administrators and a Paraplanner. This includes managing personal performance, personal development, annual reviews and work allocation.
• Implementing and developing plans to move to a paperless office and provide a modern and interactive client service and proposition.
• Performing provider, platform, DFM & fund due diligence.
• Responsible for monthly income reconciliation and identifying missing payments.
• Forming & maintaining strong working relations with the IFAs and their client banks to ensure approachability and credibility.
• Reviewing existing holdings utilising software such as O&M and F E Analytics, providing comprehensive analysis to enable advisers to identify areas requiring advice.
• Fund research with the aim of building new portfolios within specific asset allocations and risk parameters
• Where required, trading business including; placing new money, fund switches, bed/OEIC to ISAs, pension transfers, encashments/withdrawals etc.
The Person: The successful candidate will ideally come from an IFA/wealth management background and have exposure to supporting IFA’s/financial advisers in a private wealth environment as an Office Manager/Admin Manager overseeing a small office structure. You will also have wide-ranging knowledge in one of more of the following product areas: investments, pensions, life cover, savings/bonds/ISAs and ideally 2 years’ plus experience in a similar working environment. My client is looking for someone who is open to a compliance biased office management role in support of the CF10 partner so if that is your background, or indeed a development area of interest please get in touch asap.
What next? Please send CV applications to Chris at CB3 Associates Ltd and they will be reviewed inside 24 hours. And for further opportunities we are working on within the financial services sector please visit the website below: