Senior Procurement Manager
The role of Senior Procurement Manager is a newly created role and reports directly into the Head of Procurement. As a senior member of the team, the role of the Senior Procurement Manager is to have day to day responsibility for the procurement team and to identify commercial opportunities to deliver effective and efficient procurement projects. You will work with key stakeholders in order to develop innovative procurement projects as well as identifying opportunities for collaborative working.
The main duties of the role will include:
- Lead and develop sourcing strategies for products and services
- Develop procurement strategies that will deliver significant quality, efficiencies and cost improvements
- Establish relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure all procurement activities and tender exercises are in accordance with The Public Contracts Regulations and OJEU processes
- Lead tender exercises
- Provide advice and guidance on evaluation processes and methodologies
- Manage, support and mentor procurement team members and deputise for the Head of Procurement when required.
The role of Senior Procurement Manager requires an experienced, MCIPS qualified, procurement professional who is able to demonstrate a track record in delivering efficiencies whilst managing teams as well as complex procurement projects. You will not only need to be fully CIPS qualified but you also need to have experience gained within a public sector environment and have working knowledge of OJEU regulations and public contracts regulations.
This is a senior procurement role and a fantastic opportunity for someone to join a dedicated and high performing team.