Bookkeeper / Payroll
Bookkeeper / Payroll job in Bury St.Edmunds
Hays are seeking an experienced Payroll Assistant/Bookkeeper to join the supportive Business Support Services team, within a leading Accountancy Practice.
In this varied role, duties will be split between running multiple payrolls, bookkeeping, and preparing VAT returns for clients. Some of the bookkeeping duties may be carried out at clients' premises so a full clean driving licence will be necessary.
The successful candidate:
- May be qualified or part-qualified to AAT, and looking to utilise their significant experience in running payrolls to help deliver this vital service to our clients.
- Must have significant payroll administration experience and knowledge of payroll processing.
- Will preferably have experience of bookkeeping preferably gained within a professional office environment and producing accounts to trial balance.
- Should be ICT literate and proficient in Microsoft Office and SAGE Line 50.
- Will have previous experience of payroll systems and/or Sage packages.
- Should have a proven track record of working to deadlines, and have a positive approach to problem-solving and working in a small team.
- Must possess excellent communication and organisational skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Must have full UK driving licence.
The role offers the opportunity to join a highly regarded team: within the last year this Accountancy Practice has entered The Accountancy Age Top 50 for the first time, and has been shortlisted for a number of professional awards including 'Mid Tier Firm of the Year' at the 2017 British Accountancy Awards.
In reward you will be offered an attractive salary with benefits in a friendly working environment. Study support will be considered, if applicable. An extensive in house training programme is also available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.