PR Account Director
Job Title: PR Account Director
Location: Bournemouth, Dorset
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 DOE
Our client, an Award winning PR agency based in the South Coast of England, is currently expanding due to taking on new clients.
If you are based in Bournemouth or the surrounding areas and have a passion for public relations, customer service experience and are highly presentable, this could be the role for you….
The PR Account Director is expected to direct client accounts and manage and direct a team of staff. This role demands a comprehensive, professional capability, excellent interpersonal skills, strategic thinking, leadership, drive and good organisational skills. As an Account Directors your role and the part you play in the team, is pivotal to the agency's success with clients. The PR Account Directors role is about supporting the CEO, establishing client relationships, out-thinking client problems and briefs, managing projects, leading and motivating a team, directing managers, whilst ensuring everyone delivers on expectations and that the team is a happy thriving one.
Essential Duties and Aptitudes:
Client Service -
- Ability to interact with and gain the trust of senior clients.
- Own client relationships and work with exceptional organisational and relationship skills.
- Serve as point for client-service philosophy; ensuring quality work from team in order to meet/exceed client expectations.
- Translate client business needs into communications action steps with solution-oriented focus.
- Responsible for budget management on accounts and stays ahead of budget issues and is proactive to ensure account profitability.
- Provide overall strategic PR counsel to clients.
- Ability to provide counsel and strategy for branding, reputation management and integrated marketing; embraces and understands the principles of integrated marketing communication.
- Aptitude for thinking creatively and sharing those creative ideas with clients.
- Stays abreast of emerging trends within PR & Communications and recognise opportunities to apply to the brands that the company represent to meet client goals.
- Demonstrates commitment to industry, agency and clients by mastering industry knowledge and trends and understanding and clients' business in "off time."
- Shows ability to lead others; remains calm under pressure.
- Supervisory responsibilities; identifies staffing issues and needs, adopts or creates processes, documentation, and templates to meet those needs.
- Identifies/Integrates new communications capabilities and solutions and engages others.
- Helps lead cultural values; strong, active, advocate of culture.
- Instills confidence and motivates/inspires clients and colleagues.
- Effectively manages projects using resources effectively.
- Collaborative spirit to work towards the best outcome for clients and the agency.
- Effectively resolves conflict with clients and within teams.
- Actively contributes to the management of the PR agency.
- Embrace cultural values; active participation and advocacy.
- Maintaining acceptable profit margin within accounts managed and exceeds billable goals.
Staff Management -
- Directing/Managing staff/team delegating work from time lines and strategies
- Directing/Managing staff/ team to ensure team is hitting deadlines
- Directing/Managing staff/team to ensure work is of standard required and targets are being hit
- Directing/Managing clients/ budgets/timings/expectations
- Managing and planning ahead to ensure work is covered during staff holidays
- Working to KPI's to ensure team are on track
- Feeding back to CEO in development of junior staff members
- Ensure on-going development of jnr team members to help them broaden their skill set
- Writing up notes from meetings with junior members of the team formal and informal
- When the CEO is not present ensuring the team run smoothly
- Effectively communicate across the team, lead and motivate a team whilst creating a positive environment that ensures outstanding team work
- Assist in recruitment process with feedback
New Business -
- Participates in business development by increasing business with existing clients.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully network and outreach for agency.
- Actively participates in new business development, presentations and proposals and identifying prospects, and represents LBPR in new business meetings.
- Identifying opportunities to expand client relationship through cross-servicing.
- Minimum of 5 years+ of public relations with progressive job responsibilities.
- Agency experience or the equivalent experience with an agency model.
- Demonstrated results in public relations work, client service and account leadership.
- Stellar writing and editing skills required.
- Passion for both traditional and digital communications.
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with plan execution.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent at thinking on your feet.
- Highly accountable and organized with excellent time management skills.
- Car Parking Space
- Additional day off for your birthday
It is important that you include a covering letter with your CV, detailing why you feel you are suitable for this position and highlighting all relevant experience.
We receive a high number of applications on a daily basis so we can only respond to successful applications. If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Our full equal opportunities policy can be viewed here: http://equal-opportunities/