Mortgage Business Development Consultant
We are currently recruiting for a Business Development Consultant to work for HD Decisions within our mortgage vertical.
HD Decisions is an innovative, rapidly growing FinTech company that was acquired by Experian in 2014. It offers a start-up culture combined with Experian's corporate company benefits and is a place where employees can make a real impact to the business & industry.
HD Decisions brings together analytical insight, rich data sources and flexible, real-time web based applications to drive value. We develop data and technology products for the financial services market specialising in pre-qualification services. Our tools allow price comparison sites and financial services providers to profile their customers and match them to the most suitable products, radically improving the value proposition for their consumers and at the same time increasing their revenue. We also provide solutions to the likes of MoneysuperMarket, Clearscore, CreditMatcher, Barclays, Barclaycard, Lloyds, RBS, NatWest, TSB and Virgin.
This role will be within the mortgages team where we are working to develop the same pre-qualification capabilities that we have helped make the norm in credit cards and loans. The mortgage market is prime for digitisation with appetite from lenders, aggregators and consumers to improve the buying process and we expect HD will be central to this.
There is huge scope for opportunity within the role; for building your commercial skills, establishing senior customer relationships, and leading the digital revolution of the mortgage market. You can become a specialist in your field and progress quickly in expanding your portfolio of skills and knowledge.
- Ownership and development of the senior client relationships across the mortgage financial services industry, mortgage advisors/broker partners and also key mortgage aggregation sites like Price Comparison or online advisors
- Manage a portfolio of lender relationships to be part of our mortgage panel
- Deliver against the mortgage vertical revenue targets by supporting the commercial team to produce proposals, major bids responses, request for pricing and developing a new business pipeline
- Shape the commercial model for various implementations of HD's mortgage technology
- Helping developing the mortgage strategic roadmap
- Influencing senior teams both internally and externally to deliver against our strategic roadmap
- Leveraging expertise within the mortgage and pre-qualification markets to explore new concepts with potential or existing partners. Support the design of solutions for clients providing industry leading consultancy
- Conduct client business reviews, providing subject matter market and product expertise
We are looking for an exceptional candidate with an impressive understanding of the digital consumer credit environment.
- Strong commercial awareness and aptitude
- Prior experience in a sales consulting focussed role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record in building strong relationships with external clients
- An in-depth knowledge of both the mortgage intermediary and direct markets
- Minimum 2:1 university degree,
- Minimum 4 years relevant work experience
- Organised and with excellent attention to detail
- The agility to respond in a fast-paced environment and maintain professional demeanour under pressure
What we offer
Here at Experian, we believe that great work deserves great rewards. In return for your ideas, commitment and ambition, we'll give you a very competitive base salary and a range of benefits as soon as you join. On top of your salary, we offer:
- Opportunity for a truly amazing career
- 25 days' annual leave (plus the ability to purchase 5 additional days)
- Competitive annual bonus
- A car allowance/scheme
- Generous contributory pension
- Opportunity to buy shares with the company Share-save scheme
- Life assurance
- Medical and Dental cover
- Retail discount schemes
In addition to the above we will provide you with all the support, tools and opportunities to empower you to drive your own career development. Your portfolio of training will be structured, including opportunities to build your wider Experian network. Alongside a buddy and mentor, you'll have regular access to business leaders for coaching and advice, while constructive feedback will enable you to continually measure your performance to aid greater personal development.
As part of the working environment, you'll also enjoy:
- A fun, friendly and collaborative team
- Regular team social events such as monthly games night & nights out
- A great office with social spaces including table-tennis, table football, book corner, games consoles, board games and plenty of people wanting to play