Business Support Manager
Job Title: Business Support Manager
Setting: Private Hospital (adults living with a learning disability or autism)
Hours: Full Time
Hourly Rate: £45,000 - £50,000 per annum + £5,000 Car Allowance
Benefits Include: Car Allowance, 25 days annual leave, Length of service awards, Fully paid comprehensive induction training for all new starters, Travel assistance to offsite training, Full Time, Part time and Bank, opportunities available, Pension scheme, Paid DBS/PVG, Free on-site parking, Shopping and entertainment discount scheme (over 800 retailers), Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare vouchers.
Recruit by Nature are currently looking for an experienced full time Business Support Manager to help support a 14 bedded private hospital for male residents ages 18 + in Essex including other services within the organisation. As Business Support Manager you will provide operation support directly to managers. You may be required to Deputise in the absence of the Divisional Managing Director or Service Manager as required.Reporting to the Divisional Managing Director your key function will be the improvement of quality and operating compliance with all regulatory and company requirements throughout the region.
The Business Support Manager Responsibilities:
- To provide operational support within area of responsibility reporting directly to the Divisional Managing Director,
- To ensure all services fully comply with all appropriate statutory standards and requirements as dictated by our regulators and are providing a 'Good' or above (5 - 6 in Scotland) rating
- Ensure that within the region there is provision of 24 hour professional support for service delivery staff and that an effective out of hour's service is available.
- To ensure a cost effective approach to management of resources and that the Company financial systems are adhered to.
- To ensure the delivery of agreed targets.
- To work with the Relationship Team, Clinical Team, Regional Trainer, Unit Teams and others in the development and implementation of a robust pipeline strategy,
- To work towards ensuring that every appropriate action is taken to ensure occupancy targets are met and where possible maximum occupancy is obtained,
- To undertake, as a minimum, bi-weekly service visits and reviews (as required by the service in question).
- Effectively manage multi-sites and provide appropriate communication.
With a kind, caring and calm approach, the successful candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to establish and maintain relationships with residents, relatives and colleagues.
If you have the skills, attitude and experience to be successful in this role, we want to hear from you today! Please send us your CV now and we will call you straight away to arrange an interview!
Company: Recruit by Nature
Contact Name: Jessica Tarry