Pathology Service Delivery and Quality Manager
Pathology Service Delivery + Quality Manager
Our client is a leading independent hospital designed to provide the highest quality healthcare to patients in Kent. With state of the art technology and equipment, they offer their staff a high quality working environment with a culture based on commitment, pride and strong team spirit.
We are currently seeking a highly-experienced professional with a passion for quality management to join the team in this new role to pioneer innovation in this area of the organisation. Initially your role will focus on the management of the lab and team with a view to drive and implement best practice in quality management and eventually business development.
- Responsible for the day-to-day and operational management of the pathology laboratory including Microbiology.
- Responsible for the management, administration, and embedding of the quality management system within Pathology.
- Implementation of the quality agenda for Pathology
- Manages staff of the pathology laboratory including organisation, appraisal, CPD, and performance.
- Attends relevant meetings within the Hospital appropriate to delivery of local Pathology service.
- Attends Heads of Departments Meetings as required.
- Required to perform a range of specialist scientific, clinical, technical activities.
- Provides specialist advice to other professionals.
- To ensure quality assurance frameworks are in place for Pathology, to ensure data quality and governance arrangement are robust.
- To lead, manage and administer the IT system for document control within the hospital for pathology.
- To be responsible for implementing and monitoring the quality frameworks across Pathology.
- Working with the Business Manager Pathology to establish robust governance, data quality and assurance frameworks are in place across Pathology.
- To be responsible for ensuring that incidents and complaints are themed and managed appropriately, conducting root cause analysis investigations as required, ensuring action plans are in place and lessons learned communicated to improve service and prevent untoward incidents in the future.
- Be expected to challenge the status quo and lead on the development of workforce plans that are cognisant of future developments, new ways of working and new technologies.
Full details available after application
Professional experience / qualifications
- HCPC Registration as a Biomedical Scientist
- Management experience in line managing HCPC registered staff and being accountable lead in ensuring compliance with registration requirements
- Biomedical Science Degree or equivalent
- Appropriate Post Graduate qualification e.g. Masters or equivalent in Blood Sciences
- IBMS Certificate of Expert Practice in Quality Management and a knowledge of ISO15189 QMS
- Highly specialist professional knowledge and experience across a range of Blood Sciences work procedures and practices underpinned by theory and practice acquired through Degree and Master's Degree.
- Extensive experience of working in a Biomedical Science laboratory
- Experience of managing people, and teams
- Experience of electronic document control systems e.g. Q-pulse Experience of Pathology IT systems
- Practical experience of managing Quality Management Systems
As well as working within outstanding facilities with a passionate and inspiring management team, you will receive;
- Starting holiday allowance of 33 days (inclusive of 8 bank holidays)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance (3 x annual salary)
- Opportunities to work flexibly
- Subsidised food in the restaurant
- Free tea and coffee
- Subsidised parking at Hospital
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Cycle-2-Work Scheme
- Green Travel Plan with facilities for cyclists including cycle racks, showers and lockers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Health & well-being events with complimentary annual Flu vaccinations