We are looking for an Android Developer to join our Mobile Apps team at Yell. If you enjoy building fantastic apps, and focusing on the user experience throughout the process, then please get in touch. As an Android Developer at Yell you will be part of a small, focused, and highly collaborative team within the yell engineering department looking to reinvent and redefine the yell experience on native apps. It is an exciting time here at Yell, and we're now embarking on the next generation of Apps so it's a great time to join us. Yell has been recognised as one of Glassdoor's Best Companies to work for 2016, 2017 and 2018.
- Working in a small team of focused Mobile Developers where your code really matters.
- Completely agile environment.
- Using and contributing to open source development.
- Encouraged R&D time for your own learning.
- Flexible working around your needs & work from home as required.
- Commercial experience developing Android applications in Java.
- Knowledge of the end-to-end development process, and a desire to build upon your skills to tackle larger challenges and take accountability for bigger projects.
- Passionate about developing your skills and learning to craft beautiful, clean code.
- Understanding of what it takes to build a great user experience.
- Experience working with continuous integration systems.
- Understanding of agile development methodologies.
- Attention to detail and a passion for Apps.
- Has been involved in shipping an App to the play store.
- Familiar working with network API's and parsing JSON.
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills.
- An interest in development using Kotlin.
For over 50 years Yell has specialised in helping small and medium sized businesses find and connect with customers. We're not just any marketing agency. We combine leading edge technology with our decades of local marketing experience to help businesses achieve their ambitions, and we do it all by getting to know our customers, and their businesses individually. Our products include mobile optimised websites, Yell.com for Android™, iPhone™, Apple Watch™ and Search & Display advertising.
Our values; Knowledge, Relationships, Integrity, Passion & Results really matter and how we work is just as important as what we do.
In order to be considered for this role you must be able to demonstrate proof of eligibility to work in the UK and hold a valid work visa if applicable.