Job Title: Network Administrator
Reporting To: IT Manager
Position Type: Contract
Term (if Contract): 6 Months (Initially with option to Extend)
Full / Part Time: Full Time (40 Hours)
The main duties of the role will be to manage the company network infrastructure and technical software. Candidates must have experience gained in a similar role and preferably be CCNA qualified.
Candidates must be able to work alone and unsupervised. Please see the following person specification for further details of the role.
Duties - Network Administrator
• Manage the Company Network infrastructure and Technical Software
o The daily management of the ICT Infrastructure
o Implementation of imminent projects for Virtualisation, Storage Area Networks and Backup Solutions.
o Management of current PC Images and building new.
o Management of the current and future DNS, IP, DHCP and other Network protocols.
o Implementation of current projects in the Basingstoke office including domain migration.
o Evaluation of possible / potential solutions.
o Provision of hardware and software
o Management of shared / central services (Citrix / 2x)
• Manage and Maintain Technical and Scientific software applications
• Any other network administrative activities as deemed necessary by the IT Manager.
• Must have Previous experience working as a network administrator
• Must have a thorough and in-depth working knowledge of all network protocols (IPv4, DHCP, DNS) as a minimum
• Preferably CCNA qualified
• Must be able to manage / configure a Cisco network including Cisco core and Cisco Switches.
• Experience of managing Wireless networks (Cisco)
• Experience of Managing Firewall (Cisco, ASA Firewalls)
• Cisco Call Manager Experience and management
• Preferably some Microsoft accreditation
• Able to work alone and un-supervised
• Previous experience of storage area networks (SAN) (preferably netapps)
• Previous Experience of backup solutions
• An in-depth knowledge of MS operating systems (desktop and server)
• Experience of Microsoft Windows Server 2008
• Previous experience of Virtualisation (VM Ware)
• Previous experience of MS hyper-v would be advantageous
• Understanding and experience of cable patching systems
• Able to work as part of a team
• Working knowledge of MS services such as WUS
• A good working knowledge of Microsoft products in general
• An excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory.