Value Chain Manager
We are responsible for operating, maintaining and improving England's motorways and major A roads. Consider that a third of all traffic, two thirds of heavy goods vehicles, and 98% of UK businesses rely on them, and you can see why our roads, and what we do, matters so much.
It's why we're so grateful to our c 4,500 employees around the country. When you work with us, you're helping to connect communities, sustain business and support the economy. And with responsibility for major projects, working here is also a great move for your career.
Due to continued growth and investment, Highways England is looking to recruit 4 new Value Chain Managers to join our expanding team in its Commercial and Procurement Directorate.
You will be a key player in the Value Chain Team taking responsibility for exploring new opportunities, developing strategies and action plans and enabling business change that will transform our delivery so we meet our strategic objectives. Currently, we are developing plans for adopting modular solutions, improving our Surveys, taking a new approach to Design, looking for new Products, and exploring our Capability and Capacity needs. These are just a few examples of the types of business change initiatives in which you will be involved. We will continue to evolve and develop our value chains over our delivery periods. We are taking an approach that looks at Highways England and its current and future supply chain over the short, medium and long term. You will develop and deliver business change and improvement across the spectrum of our delivery chain.
This is an evolving area of work for Highways England and you will be given support to develop a value chain strategy and also be provided with opportunities to influence our approach. We are seeking people who enjoy making a difference, have an inquisitive, analytical and challenging approach to building a case for change and have good people skills to enable a team approach to delivery.
Day to day
- Develop specific Value Chain plans for opportunities and formulate opportunity cases and associated action plans .
- Implement the Value Chain Plan strategy by promoting business change initiatives into the business areas.
- Support delivery and work with commercial and procurement experts to develop appropriate procurement and commercial approach.
- Actively identify and drive opportunities for innovation.
- Actively participate, contribute and promote sharing of best practice, exchange of new ideas by collaborating with stakeholders and wider work streams to develop and deliver new initiatives.
- Actively build and manage internal and external stakeholder relationships including: current and potential key suppliers, industry bodies in collaboration with other work streams, Commercial and Procurement teams, supplier communities/forums and stakeholder communities.
- Contribute to Value Chain communication and interfaces.
- Team Leadership: ensure clarity of role, build team capabilities and ensure talent development is achieved by coaching, guiding and providing timely feedback to the team members to drive performance improvement.
- Competent at strategic planning and implementation.
- Understanding or experience in applying a Value Chain or business improvement approach to improve delivery.
- Competent at commercial Insight and Performance.
- Highly proficient at stakeholder management.
- Leadership to build high performance teams.
- Relevant experience of working within a procurement or supply chain development background, delivering and implementing supply chain improvement projects.
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application.
You're also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: so please tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet both the role, and Highways England, requirements.
We're expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong so to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible
Help keep England moving. We look forward to hearing from you.
For a full list of our vacancies please apply at .uk/