Audit & Accounts Assistant Manager - Glasgow
Change Public Practice are working with a Chartered Accountancy firm based in Glasgow to assist them in the recruitment of a Newly Qualified Audit Supervisor / Assistant Manager. This role would suit someone who is keen to gain exposure to General Practice work in addition to Audit. This Audit and Accounts team is a recent merger of both service lines to maximise the full potential and offering to their current and future client base. Whilst the main focus of this role will be on Audit, this newly created role will give you the opportunity to begin gaining exposure to accounts production and develop your career in more of a dual audit and accounts capacity.
Responsibilities will include:
· Provide support to the Managers and Directors of the team and support junior staff with job execution and training
· Responsible for overall performance of audit/non audit work including adhering to budget and reporting any problems directly to the appropriate Manager
· Responsible for senioring audit jobs, undertaking all necessary planning, completion and fieldwork procedures and liaising with clients
· Maintain and develop client relationships in addition to developing and maintaining a network of new business contacts
· Managing workload to appropriate deadlines
· Producing reports in accordance with the Firm’s standard procedures
· Must be a Qualified Chartered Accountant i.e. ICAS / ACCA etc.
· Must have a minimum of 4 years’ Audit experience gained within a similar Practice environment i.e. Big 4 / Top 10 / Mid-Tier Practice firm and would suit someone either operating at Assistant Manager level, or an experienced Senior who is looking to take a step up to Assistant Manager level
· Ideally will have exposure to a mixed portfolio of clients
· Strong leadership skills and previous experience of mentoring and coaching junior members of staff
· The ideal person will be interested in personal development and a highly driven individual with excellent technical and interpersonal skills
· An interest in gaining exposure to Accounts Production would be advantageous but not essential
If you are interested in discussing this role, or any other Accountancy opportunities in the Glasgow area, please contact Kasia Mackie