Technical Marketing Manager
Our client based in Shrewsbury has an exciting opportunity for a Technical & Marketing Manager to join their team.
The main purpose of the Technical & Marketing Manager role is to support and grow sales of a wide range of products with a diverse group of customers. This should be carried out by adapting and implementing technical and marketing strategies developed centrally to ensure customers are well supported and fully understand the merits of the products to ensure consistent development of our brands and therapy areas.
- Develop an annual plan that captures all aspects of customer interactions (with special attention to key customers and international KOLs), therapy areas and product promotion.
- Provide technical and marketing support to the account managers in order to ensure that sales objectives are met.
- Ensure prudent use of all marketing channels to optimise the communication to customers of the key messages and the look and feel of the brands.
- Develop a network of key opinion leaders to support, advise and help develop the positioning and range within a market.
- Ensure launches of new products to the countries are successful by planning marketing tactics, campaigns and training in conjunction with the account managers.
- Have a good understanding of relevant markets, competitors and customers.
- Benchmark products to ensure that they remain competitive. This will include all aspects of the products including sales performance, pricing, SPC claims etc.
- Identify new product development, product enhancement and new market opportunities.
- Maintain an industry and market presence through communications with customers, universities, colleges, professional organisations, key opinion leaders and other commercial contacts.
- Provide effective internal communication and training on all aspects of the product range.
- Monitor the effectiveness of marketing activity and produce a monthly report on progress against targets, plans and budget.
Key Performance Indicators
- Plans and delivers significant initiatives
- Acts to achieve strategic goals
- Understands channels of influence
- Works to meet targets
- Sets own standards
- Demonstrates innovation through personal action
- Establishes and meets personal development needs
- Analyses issues
- Influences others and contributes to maximising achievement
- Commercial and Business Acumen
- Project Management
- Relationship Management
- Results Focused
- Problem Solving
- Customer Service
- Product and Technical Knowledge
- Fluent in English
- Good commercial awareness Strong analytical skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Resilient and responsive to change
- Positive attitude externally and internally
- Education to degree level or equivalent in veterinary medicine
Knowledge and Experience
- Practice and industry veterinary experience
- Companion animal experience
- Nutrition experience
- Due to the location of the company, own transport is essential.