Financial Accounts Manager
As Financial Accounting manager based at the Peterborough Head Office you will report into the FC but will work closely with the CFO, the internal and external auditors, and external Tax Advisors as well as the wider finance function across Central Office. You will be responsible for managing the Financial Accounts Function for the Group with three direct reports covering all aspects of financial accounting whilst challenging procedures ensuring work is carried out consistently.
- Preparation of accurate and timely financial statements for a large group.
- Accurate and timely production of the cash flow forecast.
- Completion and submission of the Group's VAT return within HMRC deadlines.
- Manage and motivate the team ensuring they are effectively managed and professional developed within their role.
- Provide elements of training and advice to internal staff to ensure the organisation complies with relevant accounting and VAT legislation.
You will have proven experience in a similar environment or taking your first step out of Accountancy Practice where the preparation of statutory financial statements and associated returns formed a significant proportion of the role. You will be qualified in a recognised professional accounting qualification ACA, ACCA or CIMA. You will also have the following qualities.
- Strong people management skills - experience of managing and motivating staff
- Good working knowledge of systems, particularly Excel and Access.
- Excellent communication - written and verbal.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Very good attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environment