Learning & Development Manager - Care Sector
My Client is seeking to appoint an experienced Learning & Development Manager to oversee their Training Dept.
The role will be home-based with travel to Head Office in Coventry and UK wide travel to services within the organisation mainly, Midlands, East Anglia, North East and South Wales.
With this in mind applicants are ideally Midlands based.
My Client specialises in service provisions for clients with mental health, learning disabilities and Autism and therefore a background in health and social care is essential
The focus of this role is to manage training and development provision across all services and departments in order to ensure that all staff have the skills and knowledge to undertake their roles effectively and in line with organisational objectives
Key duties and responsibilities
- To develop and rollout Performance indicators
- Liaise with key managers and service leads to identify training and development needs
- Conduct Training needs analysis and Individual staff skills analysis
- Design, develop and ensure delivery of bespoke training to meet identified needs
- To develop and design Course / session materials, lesson / session plans
- To ensure that their are training records
- Manage delivery of corporate induction & refresher programmes liaising with key staff to ensure high level of internal involvement in the delivery process
- Ensure the design, develop and delivery of additional service specific / specialist induction training in accordance with local requirements - liaising with key staff to ensure high level if internal delivery
- Schedule training and development activity to meet site specific requirements and corporate requirements with due regard to resource and operational implications
- Oversee and manage the Training & development schedule
- Ensure training and occupational competency of all staff (internal and external) involved in training and development activity
- Deliver training as required in accordance with currently accepted standards of best practice in relation to learning and development
- Work in accordance with NMC or HCPC or other relevant codes of professional practice
Applications are welcomed from experienced L&D Managers and Training Managers with similar experience in the health and social care sectors.
To apply you will need to demonstrate
- Relevant professional qualification in Learning and Development (i.e degree level or chartered status or a minimum of 3 years experience working in a senior Learning and Development role
- Excellent knowledge of training methods including coaching, classroom, workshops, simulations etc
- Track record of designing and delivering successful training programmes
- Highly organised with the ability to meet deadlines
- Able to re-prioritise workload effectively dependent on changes in circumstances within service
- Highly competent in the use of computers, including MS Office programs
- Ability to analyse and interpret written and numerical data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills , with the ability to relate to different staff groups.
- Attention to detail
- Previous experience in a healthcare organisation