Assistant Business Accountant
You will be assisting our Business Accountants with monthly accounts, forecasts, results analyses, budget preparation and general financial support.
In particular, you’ll be responsible for:
- Delivering easily accessible and empathetic customer service
- Forging relationships with employees, managers and budget holders
- Taking personal responsibility for the general ledger
- Promoting and evaluating VFM (value for money) initiatives
If you have the interpersonal and communication skills to deliver a customer oriented accounting service, then you could play a key role in developing accounting services for our housing operations. Numerate, literate and detail focused with a good standard of education, ideally you should also bring us:
- Experience of preparing monthly management accounts, forecasts and budgets
- Careful attention to detail
- Strong IT skills, including Excel
Hanover employs more than 900 people throughout England. We are an inclusive employer and our investment in you is recognised by the Gold Standard award for Investors in People.
At Hanover we believe in values. We are Honest, Connected, Positive, Courageous, Respectful and Inclusive. We believe our people should be proud of the work they do making a difference to society and our customers.
We believe in supporting you, and have a range of lifestyle benefits to ensure a good work-life balance and a positive sense of wellbeing. Our attractive packages include:
- 25 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays) and 1.5 company allocated days (pro rata for part time staff)
- Option to take up to 10 days unpaid leave per year (pro rata for part time staff)
- Contributory pension scheme, with employer contributions and non-contributory life assurance
- Family friendly policies including enhanced maternity and paternity pay, childcare vouchers and flexible working patterns
- A commitment to growing you through training, professional qualification support and individual development plans
- Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Secondment or fixed term contract from February to September 2018
- Location: Nelson House, Alington Road, Little Barford, St Neots, PE19 6RE
- Closing date: 21 January 2017
- Interview date: to be confimed