Monitoring Engineer - Contract - Milton Keynes - Highly competitive day rate
The UK Monitoring Solutions team design, implement, administer and maintain a range of software that provides monitoring, alerting and reporting solutions for the UK IT Infrastructure. You’ll provide subject matter expertise in one of the core CA tools that form the basis of the monitoring framework, supporting the automation and integration initiatives and continuous improvement of system and application monitoring methods.
• Provide subject matter expertise to support the configuration, installation and operation of CA tools:
o CA Unified Infrastructure Manager (CA UIM / NimSoft)
o CA Service Operations Insight (CA SOI)
o CA Application Performance Management (CA APM)
• Work as part of a team to administer and customize CA tools, providing dashboards, monitoring and alerts for applications and hybrid infrastructure in the production environment.
• Develop automation to improve efficiency and speed of delivery for monitoring solutions.
• Integrate monitoring solutions to deliver a single view of the infrastructure, service availability and performance.
• Transfer knowledge to colleagues on the use of CA tools to identify problems and perform root cause analysis of performance issues.
• Develop standards, policies and principles on the use of the CA toolset.
• Provide oncall support and out of hours working as required.
• Travel to other sites to liaise with team members.
• Experience of delivering event monitoring solutions in an operational support role.
• Demonstrable, foundation level knowledge and administration of at least one of the following tools:
CA Unified Infrastructure Management (CA UIM / Nimsoft)
CA Service Operations Insight Manager (CA SOI)
CA Application Performance Management (CA APM)
CA Application Synthetic Monitor (CA ASM)
CA On-premise Synthetic Monitor (CA OPMS)
• Basic working knowledge of Windows, Unix and Linux platforms.
• Analytical & problem solving skills.
• Effective communication skills, including high quality written documentation.
• Demonstrates a pro-active, flexible approach to all aspects of work and able to rapidly absorb new technical information.