adi Group is a large, privately owned, Birmingham based multi-disciplined engineering company offering total engineered solutions to food, beverage, aerospace, defence and automotive industries.
We currently employ over 550 people in regional offices and customer sites across the UK.
At adi Group we believe our success as a business is a direct result of our core values and retaining talented individuals with a strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence.
Key Responsibilities of the Approved Electrician:
- Perform and adhere to Safe Electrical Isolation procedure of existing live circuits.
- Installation of various low voltage wiring systems.
- Installation of various cable containment systems.
- Issue of Installation and condition reports.
- Testing & Energisation of systems up to 1000V, including new and modified electrical installations.
- Ensure all operational procedures, safe working practices and H&S procedures are adhered to.
- Carry out any reasonable tasks in accordance with your position, aiming to add value.
- Ability to read and interpret Electrical Schematic Diagrams and Drawings.
Requirements of the Approved Electrician:
- 2391 or 2394/5 qualified and must have knowledge of condition reporting.
- 17th edition qualified.
- NVQ Level 3 qualification.
- Level 3 Inspection, Testing & Certification of Electrical Installations.
- Experience of electrical installations and testing within a process plant environment.
- Experience of Manufacturing and Industrial sector is essential.
- Have a positive “can do” attitude.
- Demonstrate a methodical approach and ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate a keen eye for accuracy and attention to detail.
- Have a logical, precise and accurate approach to work.
- Be able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Have strong problem-solving skills.
- Be resilient and able to cope under pressure.
- Be able to work flexibly and prioritise workload.
- Have strong customer service and communication skills.
- Demonstrate good numeracy and analytical skills.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships and negotiate with people at all levels.
- Have a proactive approach with the ability to work without supervision take ownership, accountability and make decisions without daily guidance.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of the Approved Electrician role then please apply now!