Finance & Accounts Administrator - New Role - Sandwich
This is an exciting and newly created job due to company growth and expansion. They are looking for an experienced Office & Accounts Administrator who can take charge of the day to day running of the office!
They are looking for someone who is exceptionally organised with strong communication skills and able to work on their own initiative.
- The Office & Accounts Administrator (OAA) is responsible for supporting directors and management and their office. Supporting through administration the activities of the team and the material requirements of the office. To administer all the accounting functions of the office.
- This is to be achieved working as part of a wider team of managers and accounts staff, in a safe environment, whilst sharing in the meeting of specific goals.
- The Office & Accounts Administrator’s main responsibility is to support, under the direction and guidance of the general manager, all the administrative & accounting activities associated with the office in relation to the general managers’ tasks, contracts, correspondence and data inputting. Learning to communicate and co-ordinate with all Company staff and external personnel that the day-to-day business of the company requires.
- The OAA will be responsible each week for the pricing of supplies to the plant inputting and circulating the prices to relevant staff, checking and approving all invoices and supporting paperwork arising from the created data.
- To develop time management skills and the allocation of priority to tasks.
- To manage the office, overseeing the premises, the provision of utilities, the purchase of services and equipment and the supply of stationary.
- Health & Safety. To develop an understanding of the framework of the OHSAS 18001 Management System and of the HSE forestry related responsibilities, statutory requirements and industry standards. Supporting the management team in the meeting and implementation of these standards. Overseeing the office fire prevention and safety standards and fire-fighting equipment. Maintaining the First Aid Box in the office and when requested the provision of first aid supplies for managers vehicles too.
- Environmental Management. To develop an understanding of the framework of the ISO 14001 System and to support all personnel to comply with the requirements of the system at all times.
- Information Technology (IT) Systems. To develop a working knowledge of all aspects of the Company IT system, both inputting data, dealing with corrections and accessing the data base and company documents. Using all IT communication systems to share and request information. To show a working understanding of the supporting paperwork for contracts and operate a traceable IT based filing system.
- Take responsibility for all the office supplies and stationary. Ordering of managers branded clothing, PPE, safety signs, paint and hazard tape. Monitor the use of all office consumables and research and reorder as needed. Order DAN books when requested for hauliers.
- Post & paperwork. Be responsible for the distribution of letters in and the posting of letters out. Oversee the filing of papers and contract documentation, photocopying and distribution of papers where necessary.
- Maintain and manage the office diary. Where requested managing the shared diaries of staff and managers in the office.
- Provision of hospitality to visitors and maintain supplies of provisions for beverages and refreshments as appropriate. The support administrator must see that the office is kept tidy and maintain a safe working environment, with accessible storage.
- Utilities. Telephone, broadband, fuel, electricity and water. The administrator must oversee the authorisation of invoices to suppliers of utilities, and request maintenance of or replacement equipment associated with that supply when damaged or inefficient. Organise the maintenance and servicing of all firefighting equipment and smoke detectors or sprinkler systems.
- Telephone calls. Answering and directing incoming calls, taking and passing on messages to absent or unavailable staff.
- A well run safe and well-maintained environment from where staff can conduct and manage an efficient business that provides an excellent service to customers and clients.
- The Office & Accounts Administrator will be given every opportunity to update skills and receive training where obligatory i.e. First Aid. In order to perform the job competently it is essential to become familiar with IT, systems and health & safety procedures, via internal training courses. All staff should prioritise company provided training opportunities. The OAA must be numerate, show attention to detail, an ability to adapt and be self-motivated.
- Skills development can be requested at any time, with a further opportunity to discuss personal development at formal reviews.
- The Office & Accounts Administrator will from time to time be requested to take responsibility for specific projects or functions. These will be unique to that person for the required period. The details of the task will be laid out and supervised by the authorising member of staff.
Estimated Time: 45% pricing/invoicing/checking accounts 55% other responsibilities.
They are looking to interview asap.