My client are looking for a Legal Secretary to join their Corporate Law team in Manchester city centre
My client are a Law Firm based in Manchester city centre
Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce correspondence and legal documentation via audio and copy typing maintaining a high level of accuracy in accordance with Firms House style and Best Practice Guidelines, proof reading and correcting the quality of your work without prompting.
- Ability to carry out routine legal forms, documents and letters independently for approval by the fee earner.
- To respond to internal/external telephone queries, ensuring telephones are covered at all times. Ensuring that every telephone call is handled in a polite, efficient and professional manner presenting a professional and courteous image to clients and other parties. Monitoring telephone calls and voice mail facilities for fee earners in their absence, taking appropriate action where necessary.
- Manage fee earner diaries using Microsoft Outlook to include client appointments, internal and external meetings, client and business lunches
- Good understanding of money laundering requirements and ability to complete money laundering documentation for client and matter opening, ensuring that correct documentation is obtained from the client
- File all hard copy and electronic documents, correspondence and documentation accurately and in a timely manner ensuring that there is no backlog.
- Producing legal bundles, document organisation, indexing and assembly of files for checking with guidance by fee earner.
- Ensure that archiving is carried out on a monthly basis in accordance with Best Practice Guidelines.
- General administration e.g. faxes, making up paper files and hangers, photocopying, binding, laminating, expense claims etc.
- Organise fee earner business travel and accommodation in line with the Firms Travel Policy where required.
- Assist in developing relationships with internal clients and their assistants/secretaries.
4-6 years' experience working in a corporate law environment
£21000 - £25000