Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry's best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Role: Materials Controller
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000pa
My client operates a network of UK domestic and European flight services and is the largest carrier from London, offering more than 30 destination and serving over 1.8 million customers.
An opportunity has arisen for a Materials Controller to join the Engineering team, this role is based in Manchester.
Purpose of the Job:
The role of the Materials Controller is to plan and order all material requirements from fully scoped maintenance inputs to the unscheduled demands across the engineering MRO business, as well as other ad-hoc Company order requirements.
Responsibilities also include to set up material, and plan to provide material in the most effective and economical way; to ensure excellent and consistent supplier performance to meet the business needs through fully defined contracts, with robust adherence to the supplier management process and data driven performance improvement
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up and ownership of all material master data, including any Initial Provisioning, Tooling and Equipment, Minimum safety stocks, re-order levels and interchangeability where approved data exists
- Effective use of the MRO system to effectively manage material within the system and improve material availability in the most cost effective manner
- Carry out component repair administration
- Administration and support all maintenance inputs
- Ensuring compliance with Engineering Policy, Procurement Policy, Statutory Airworthiness requirements, Safety Standards, Company Standing Instructions and Health and Safety Legislation
- Seeking cost saving initiatives within the Engineering supply chain
- Prioritising requirements and action accordingly
- Manage the supplier relationship from initial sourcing to maximisation of effective use of contracts
- Manage the Customer relationship within Inventory Management through setting and monitoring of Service Level agreements (SLA's) with suppliers
- Ad hoc project work as required within scope of the role
- Expedite outstanding critical orders
- Planning and sourcing materials for line station requirements, all maintenance checks and acceptable deferred defects (ADD's)
- Support MRO maintenance inputs for all material requirements
- Drive supply chain performance
- Supervise and instruct logistic performance, including freight options
- Ability to demonstrate clear and precise handover communications.
- Ability to work shifts if required and flexibility in terms of being on call and office hours
Ideal Candidate Specification:
- Minimum GCSE Grade C or above, or equivalent, in Maths and English
- Previous experience of working within an Airline / Engineering
- Previous experience of working to departmental budgets
- Previous experience of working within a Materials or Procurement role
- Experience of float reviews and inventory value management
- Previous experience in the use of inventory tools, such as MRO systems
- Experience of managing Health and Safety / Quality systems
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Donna Bettiss at Line Up Aviation
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
"Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!"
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency