Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
KPMGMakinsonCowell provides clear, precise and independent insight into shareholder perceptions. This specialist advice helps clients manage and develop interactions with institutional investors and other stakeholders to build positive, long-term relationships that support the clients’ strategic goals. The team provides investor relations advice, on a day-to-day basis, covering key issues including: communication of strategy; governance issues; investor targeting and roadshows; capital structure; and M&A. The team works across sectors and company situations, however there are individuals with significant experience in certain areas and situations and we would welcome this in applicants. The team is predominately based in 15 Canada Square with the majority of clients located in London, although some short travel may be required. The role will involve working across a range of assignment types, as highlighted above, and applicants should be ready to work in a dynamic, flexible and fast moving environment.
KPMGMakinsonCowell is seeking an Executive, based in London, to assist in servicing clients. This permanent role is a superb opportunity to join an experienced team that works with companies at Board level. The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate the following:
- Preparation of financial and market analysis and commentaries
- Analysis of companies’ equity ownership data and its contact with the investment community
- Liaising with clients’ investor relations teams
- Developing a good understanding of our clients’ businesses, their financial performance and the markets they operate in
- Researching and profiling international investors to prepare clients for meetings
- Tracking market consensus for clients
- Pulling together market information on current and prospective clients
- Have strong report writing and Excel skills
- Have good attention to detail and an ability to deliver presentations and analysis in a one-to-one setting
- Personable team player and service-oriented, with the ability to create confidence and trust with colleagues and clients alike
- Strong verbal communication skills across a range of operational and financial staff at all levels
- Self-starter who demonstrates initiative, confidence and influencing skills
- Deals with complexity and ambiguity well and is solution focussed
- Have a genuine interest in equity capital markets and how companies operate
- Awareness of Investor Relations
- Willingness to embrace work across all sectors
- A positive team influence and achievements beyond the realms of project work
You can help clients through acquisitions, divestitures, mergers, buy-outs, major projects, initial public offerings (IPOs), real estate deals, debt structuring and issuance, and complex re-financings, distressed M&A and with business and company valuations and fairness opinions.
Globally, KPMG's Corporate Finance practice has an industry reputation for delivering forward thinking and objective advice for our global footprint and negotiation prowess, as well as an envied track record in closing successful deals. Together, our firm's Corporate Financiers have advised on or arranged critical and sensitive equity and debt transactions for some of the world's largest corporations, financial institutions and governments.
At KPMG, your long-term future is every bit as important to us as it is to you. That’s why our aim is to give you experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime. Whether it’s great training and development, mobility opportunities or corporate responsibility volunteering activities - you’ll gain a wealth of experiences on which to build a rewarding career. We’re a firm that encourages you to be yourself, values your contribution, and inspires you to act as a role model, always focused on doing the right thing for each other, our clients and our communities.
We’re at our best when you’re at your best; that’s why we’ve created 'OurDeal’ and 'TheAcademy’. Our Deal is the way we speak about the colleague experience and the expectations we have of our people. We expect the best from our people and in return we provide a stimulating, collaborative environment where each person can reach their extraordinary potential. Through 'TheAcademy’, you’ll have access to communities which will support and develop you so that you build your skills and career. From introducing secondment programmes to preferential banking, and student loan payments to your birthday off, we’re making sure that our people have an amazing experience.Flexible working
While our client-facing professionals can be