Software Development Engineer
Software Development Engineer - Checkout
My client's mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology. They're looking for smart, self-motivated full-stack Software Development Engineers to join their London Checkout team and help them achieve their goal.
Sitting at the sharp end of the conversion funnel, my client's platform processes millions of bookings a week from customers across the globe using any one of their 40+ localized websites or their award-winning mobile app.
Want to book a flight to Paris? Sure. What about a hotel and car for a week? Why not. What about all three together? Of course!
Work with my client and you'll be developing a market leading, customer facing web application, solving hard problems at scale and contributing to mission-critical software with a direct impact on the bottom line.
All of this and you'll get experience the dynamic, diverse and collaborative agile working environment they are so proud to provide. They weren't voted the #1 Best place to work in the UK for 2 years running for nothing now were they!
- Design and implement scalable server-side solutions using Java
- Write unit, automation and integration tests
- Implement quality application logging for operational monitoring at scale
- Investigate, debug and resolve production site issues
- Work with co-located and geographically distributed teammates to deliver on common goals
Required Skills and Experience
- Professional experience in enterprise Java software development using Spring MVC frameworks, RESTful APIs and SOA
- Experience with Selenium for UI automated tests written in Cucumber or Scala
- Working knowledge of design patterns and CI/CD principles
- First class communication skills in written and verbal form
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- A commitment to producing high quality code with an attention to detail
- Dedication and a self-motivated desire to learn
- A collaborative, team orientated attitude
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience working in the Cloud (AWS)
- API development experience
- Exposure to monitoring tools such as Splunk
- E-commerce or technical Travel Industry experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computing related discipline
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.